- Regarding the decision to re-sign QB Chad Kelly to their practice squad, Colts HC Frank Reich said: “He earned it. He earned it on and off the field. … He deserved a chance to be back here for further development.” (Joel A. Ericksson)
- Colts signed QB Chad Kelly to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Colts signed RB Darius Jackson to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Colts released RB David Williams and OT Tyree St. Louis from their practice squad.
- Colts released RB Spencer Ware from the PUP list. (NFLTR)
“No, because I know the preparation I put in,” Minshew said, via News 4 in Jacksonville. “I know the guys that I have around me and the coaches we have have done everything they can to prepare me. I’ve never felt unprepared. Didn’t have much experience but I’m definitely prepared.”
- Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey said after Thursday’s win over the Titans that he was “excited to be out there” with his teammates: “This defense has always been elite, the guys on this team are talented, and we put in work on the field. We see the defense worked hard today and got 9 sacks in tonight’s game, so I say we stepped up to the plate when we needed too. I was excited out there with them and be able to get a good win.” (Jaguars.com)
- Jaguars HC Doug Marron said of their offensive line play as it relates to RB Leonard Fournette: “Right now, I feel like we’re not giving Leonard a chance.” (John Oesher)
Titans backup QB Ryan Tannehill was seen with his helmet on during Thursday’s loss to the Jaguars. When asked how close Tannehill was to replacing Marcus Mariota at quarterback, Titans HC Mike Vrabel said: “Not very.”
“Not very,” Vrabel said, via Pro Football Talk. “He can hear the calls when he puts his helmet on.”
Vrabel said he was happy with how Mariota responded in the second half, but it’s clear that not everyone was playing up to their ability.
“I think there was a lot of guys who fought, there was a lot of guys that competed,” Vrabel said. “We’ll have to find out if everybody was doing that. Judging by the score, probably not the case.”
- Vrabel told reporters Friday that the team is not looking at a quarterback change “right now.” (John Glennon)
- Vrabel mentioned that LB Rashaan Evans was a little banged up last night but he’s confident that he will be okay moving forward. (Terry McCormick)