- Matt Miller believes cornerback could be a “very real possibility” for the Broncos in round one, as the feeling around the league that none of the top three tackles will be available at No. 15 overall.
- Nick Korte of OverTheCap.com projects the Broncos to receive a fifth-round compensatory pick for OL Billy Turner and two seventh-rounders for Max Garcia and Tramaine Brock.
Chargers GM Tom Telesco admitted that they will need to look at all positions including quarterback after a disappointing 2019 season, but he still believes Philip Rivers can play at “top-starter level.”
“I think he can still compete at a top-starter level,” Telesco said of Rivers, via the L.A. Times. “But when you go 5-11 and 0-6 in your division, you have to look at every position.”
Telesco said ideally, Rivers would remain the team’s quarterback, but they will still take some time before deciding what they’ll do at quarterback moving forward.
“In a perfect world, No. 17 is your quarterback forever,” Telesco said. “Hopefully, I’m not offending Dan Fouts when I say that. But he’s meant everything to this organization. … He’s a joy to work with. Nobody has a better perspective on what goes on with him and the team.
“I can see why he’s gonna be a great coach when he’s done playing. But we need to get removed from this season a little bit. … We need to take a step back, take a little time before we make a decision.”
Telesco made it clear that HC Anthony Lynn has his full support moving forward.
“I like the culture here,” Telesco said, via Gilbert Manzano of the Orange County Register. “I like the foundation that’s been built. I love our head coach. … There’s nobody else that I want to go into battle with than (Lynn).”
Lynn is set to enter the final year of his contract, but Telesco says everything will “work itself out.”
“The contract will work itself out,” Telesco said. “I know he’s tough, he’s smart, he’s a leader, and he represents this organization on and off the field like no one else. I love working with him. … The rest of the stuff will work itself out. I need to do my part to make sure I don’t let him down.”
- Matt Miller of B/R says the belief regarding the Chargers is that they will draft a quarterback early this year such as Justin Herbert or Tua Tagovailoa if they’re still on the board.
- According to Matt Miller, team sources he’s spoken to brought up interior offensive line, wide receiver, cornerback and middle linebacker as areas to watch for the Chiefs in this year’s draft.
- Miller isn’t discount the possibility of the Chiefs considering a running back or another tight end if one falls to them.
- According to Matt Miller, the belief regarding the Raiders is that they will go linebacker or wide receiver in round one before circling back to get a cornerback or wide receiver with their later first-round pick.
- As for QB Derek Carr, Miller says everything he’s heard is that Carr is safe for the 2020 season.