“That has not been thought about just yet,” Elway said, via the Denver Post. “We’ll see where things go. We’re going to get through this first wave and see what we can do in free agency. Then after that, we’ll look at different options.”
- Nicki Jhabvala reports that the Broncos met with free agent C Matt Paradis’ agent at the Combine and expressed interest in trying to keep him. Jhabvala says the talks between the two parties were “productive.”
- According to Mike Klis, the Broncos did not interview any of the top-four quarterback prospects at the Combine — Dwayne Haskins, Drew Lock, Kyler Murray or Daniel Jones.
- Klis mentions that Denver will most likely bring a couple of them in for pre-draft visits.
- The Broncos interviewed Utah State TE Dax Raymond and Stanford TE Kaden Smith at the Combine. (Ryan O’Halloran)
- Ole Miss TE Dawson Knox will meet with the Broncos Friday. (Ryan O’Halloran)
- Iowa TE Noah Fant said he has a formal interview with the Broncos tonight at the combine. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Washington TE Drew Sample will meet with the Broncos. (Ryan O’Halloran)
- Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham said he has met with John Elway and the Broncos. (Ryan O’Halloran)
- WVU QB Will Grier said he was scheduled to meet with the Broncos at the combine. (Nicki Jhabvala)
Chargers GM Tom Telesco mentioned that RB Melvin Gordon is among the players they’re interested in signing to an extension, but there isn’t a timetable at this point in time.
“I thought he had a great year and was highly productive for us this year,” Telesco said, via Chargers.com. “He’s a three-down back and puts a lot of balls in the end zone for us, a lot of touchdowns. He’s a great player. We’ve got him and a number of other guys that will look at extending at some point. I don’t have a timetable on those guys, but we’ve gotten to the point if we’re going to say our philosophy is to draft, develop and re-sign, we want to extend those guys we’d like to have back long-term. But I don’t have a timetable on anything like that.”
- The Chargers are meeting with former Vikings DE Kenechi Udeze about a possible coaching job. (Andrew Krammer)
Jason La Canfora continues to hear that the Chiefs are trying to “do something big for an offensive skill player” and have been “sniffing around” on possible trade options.
Some teams have told La Canfora that they wouldn’t be shocked if the Chiefs got in on Le’Veon Bell in free agency.
- Ole Miss TE Dawson Knox said he’s met with the Chiefs at the Combine. (Brooke Pryor)
- Texas A&M TE Jace Sternberger is meetings with Packers at the Combine. (Aaron Wilson)