Rick Stroud reports that the Buccaneers are placing C Ali Marpet and OT Demar Dotson on injured reserve. According to Stroud, both players suffered knee injuries during Sunday’s game against the Falcons.
Other roster moves from the Buccaneers include:
- Buccaneers promoted TE Alan Cross, DE Patrick O’Connor and WR Bobo Wilson to their active roster.
- Buccaneers signed CB Deji Olatoye.
- Buccaneers signed CB Maurice Fleming, DE Patrick Gamble, OT Brad Seaton and RB Dare Ogunbowale to their practice squad.
- Buccaneers released CB David Rivers from their practice squad.
The Buccaneers’ practice squad now consists of:
- LB Riley Bullough
- OL Mike Liedtke
- LB Eric Nzeocha (International)
- DT Channing Ward
- S Isaiah Johnson
- WR Jake Lampman
- OT Givens Price
- CB Maurice Fleming
- DE Patrick Gamble
- OT Brad Seaton
- RB Dare Ogunbowale
Marpet, 24, is a former second-round pick of the Buccaneers back in 2015. He’s currently in the third year of his four-year, $3,773,586 contract and stands to make base salaries of $703,054 and $874,581 over the final two years of the agreement.
In 2017, Marpet appeared in 11 games for the Buccaneers.
Dotson, 32, signed on with the Buccaneers as an undrafted free agent out of Southern Miss back in 2011. He was in the final year of his four-year, $7.5 million contract when he agreed to a four-year, $18.25 million contract that includes $8.5 million guaranteed with the Buccaneers back in 2016.
Dotson stands to make base salaries of $3.97 million over remaining two years of the agreement.
In 2017, Dotson appeared in 11 games for the Buccaneers.