- Michael Gehlken first reported that concerns have surfaced regarding Cowboys LB Leighton Vander Esch‘s neck injury
- Vander Esch underwent an MRI on Thursday following a “flare-up” involving his neck and he’s not expected to play against the Patriots this weekend.
- Todd Archer adds that Vander Esch is considered week to week and scheduled to have another MRI in three weeks.
- With Vander Esch out, Archer says the Cowboys will turn to veteran Sean Lee at the weakside linebacker spot.
- Regarding Vander Esch’s neck injury, Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said: “We don’t think it’s career-threatening. We think at some point he’s going to be back (this year) and ready to go. The whole area up there just needs to calm down a little bit. So we’ll take his situation really week by week.” (Michael Gehlken)
- David Moore reports that Vander Esch is dealing with a herniated disc that will likely sideline him until December.
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said of Vander Esch: “I don’t see anything here that we might not have anticipated (when we drafted him).” Jones added that he doesn’t believe this setback will keep Vander Esch out long term. (Jon Machota)
- According to Ian Rapoport, Cowboys LBs coach Ben Bloom has been away from the team the past few days as he deals with a personal matter.
- Calvin Watkins notes that the flu bug has swept the Cowboys this week, as Joe Thomas and Ben Bloom currently have it and Jordan Lewis and Xavier Woods just recovered from it. Meanwhile, Justin March has a respiratory infection and the Cowboys gave Dak Prescott some medicine as a precaution for any issues.
- The Dallas Cowboys officially ruled out LB Leighton Vander Esch (neck) for Week 12 and list LB Joe Thomas (illness), G Connor Williams (knee), and S Donovan Wilson (illness) as questionable.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!