- Eagles HC Doug Pederson told reporters on Wednesday that CB Sidney Jones is day to day, but he’s optimistic he’ll play in Week 11. (Jeff McLane)
- As for DT Tim Jernigan, Pederson said he’ll do a little more this week and he’s optimistic he can play Sunday. (Reuben Frank)
- According to Pederson, Josh Perkins has a knee injury and will be sidelined for a while, which explains why they designated Richard Rodgers to return from injured reserve. (Jeff McLane)
- Eagles signed TE Will Tye to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
Former Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul said the offseason trade that sent him to the Buccaneers was “shocking” and he found it disappointing that all he got was a phone call from the team that he was being traded.
“I wouldn’t say hurt. Just the fact that the only thing I got was a phone call. You know what I’m saying?” Pierre-Paul said, via ESPN.com. “I didn’t speak to no owners or nothing. Obviously, I gave a hard eight years with the New York Giants and won a Super Bowl there, and the only thing you get is a phone call. I wouldn’t say I was hurt but it was just shocking. You know what I mean?
“At the end of the day this is a business league. At the end of the day, we have to do our jobs no matter what team we play for. You’re a football player, you’re a pro, so you’ve got to do your job to the best of your ability. That’s what I’ve been doing.”
Pierre-Paul added that he’s looking forward to playing his former team this Sunday.
“Honestly, I had this game checked off since I left there,” Pierre-Paul said. “Emotions running big. I’m coming, man. I’m bringing the house down.”
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden ruled out LT Trent Williams for Sunday’s game against the Texans and added that there’s a “pretty good chance” RB Chris Thompson is also out. (JP Finlay)
- Redskins activated WR Trey Quinn from the injured reserve list. (NFLTR)
- Redskins signed CB Joshua Holsey to their practice squad.