Home Eagles NFC East Notes: Eagles, Giants, Redskins
- Eagles executive VP Howie Roseman was asked if he thought DT Fletcher Cox (foot) will be ready for Week 1 and said: “Yes, I think that would be fair.” (PhillyVoice)
- Last week, Eagles HC Doug Pederson said of Cox: “I’m confident that he’ll be there. Listen, everybody is different, but I’m confident, and our goal is to have everybody ready.”
- The Eagles will work out former Vikings CB Craig James. (Chris Tomasson)
- Eagles officially signed nine players to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- According to NJ.com’s Ryan Dunleavy, Giants LB Nate Stupar suffered a concussion in the preseason finale.
- Although Art Stapleton writes that the Giants believe that backup QB Alex Tanney‘s presence helps Daniel Jones‘ maturation process, Stapleton feels that Tanney is a waste of a roster spot given he is their third quarterback.
- Giants TE Scott Simonson suffered a high ankle sprain and his timetable is unclear. (Dan Duggan)
- The Giants tried to trade 2018 fourth-round QB Kyle Lauletta before waiving him. (Duggan)
- New York placed CB Sam Beal on injured reserve Sunday. Art Stapleton explains that Beal has a hamstring injury that has not improved to the point where he can return as a full participant. The Giants decided to make this move rather than let the injury linger while being uncertain about how quickly he can get back. The Giants will give him time to get healthy and see if he can help them later on in the year.
- Giants officially signed eight players to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- According to NBC Sports’ JP Finlay, the Redskins plan to keep RB Shaun Wilson on the final roster, then place him on injured reserve so he’s eligible to return.
- Redskins officially signed nine players to their practice squad. (NFLTR)