“I think the ceiling is as good as Odell Beckham,” Smith said via Kyle Meinke. “The ceiling is as high as he wants it to be. I can’t tell him what he can’t do. If he wants to be better than (Calvin Johnson), shoot, go be better than him. He can do it. He’s there for a reason, and he has to be the next No. 1 receiver. I believe in him 100 percent. I think he has the talent and ability to achieve that.”
- Lions QB Matthew Stafford can earn a $500,000 bonus by completing this year’s offseason workouts. (Field Yates)
- Penn State WR DeAndre Thompkins has worked out for the Lions. (Bo Marchionte)
Packers new HC Matt LaFleur tells Albert Breer that he doesn’t really care about what took place in Green Bay as it relates to Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy before he arrived.
“Honestly, I haven’t put a whole lot of thought into that,” LaFleur said, via Albert Breer of SI.com. “I wasn’t here, so I don’t know what happened. And quite frankly, I don’t really care what happened. All I care about is how we move forward as a football team. All I care about is the partnership that we’re forming, how that goes, and our communication. That’s all I really care about.”
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Packers tried to schedule a visit with Duke QB Daniel Jones, but could not find a time that worked.
- Penn State WR DeAndre Thompkins has worked out for the Packers. (Bo Marchionte)
- Packers claimed K Sam Ficken off of waivers from the Seahawks. (NFLTR)
- Vikings QB Kirk Cousins can earn a $500,000 bonus by completing this year’s offseason workouts. (Field Yates)
Vikings signed WR Jordan Taylor. (NFLTR)
- Vikings re-signed RFAs DB Anthony Harris and OT Rashod Hill. (NFLTR)