49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said he is not considering stashing practice squad QB Josh Johnson in isolation in case of a COVID-19 outbreak in response to the Broncos’ quarterback situation.
“I know people think that you can just quarantine a quarterback and have him sitting there in a room just on ice ready to come out when it’s time to need him,” Shanahan said. “When it comes to that point, I’d feel bad for that guy, too. No one’s going into an NFL game after being locked in a room for weeks until you’re needed. It sounds nice,” he said. “But if it gets to that point, no answer’s very good. So you just deal with it.”
- OUT for Week 13: G Alex Lewis (not injury related)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 13: G Pat Elflein (shoulder), T George Fant (knee, ankle)
Cardinals’ rookie LB Isaiah Simmons said he’s been able to find a “comfort level within the game” since becoming more involved in the defense.
“I feel like ever since I got consecutive snaps, that I’ve been able to find a comfort level within the game and feel the flow of it, and be able to be myself and just play,” Simmons said, via Josh Weinfuss of ESPN.
Simmons mentioned that he was frustrated to not be a starter during the first half of the season.
“It was kind of just battling that part with just outside of football with keeping my happiness and peace within myself,” said Simmons.
However, Cardinals DC Vance Joseph explained that Simmons was not ready to be in the starting lineup.
“He wanted to be a starter from Day 1 and he just wasn’t ready,” said Joseph.
Joseph said Simmons’ interception on Seahawks QB Russell Wilson in Week 11 “definitely changed” the rookies’ confidence.
“That’s always confirmation for players to make big plays,” Joseph said. “From that moment on, it definitely changed for Isaiah, as far as his body language, his confidence and playing NFL football. It was definitely a huge moment for our team and huge for Isaiah to make that play, and it definitely turned his mindset a little bit.”
- Cardinals GM Steve Keim provided the following update regarding WR Larry Fitzgerald, who is still on the COVID-19 list: “Talking to him, it seems like he is doing well, so we will see where that is at today, but we are certainly hopeful,” Keim said, via AzCardinals.com.
- OUT for Week 13: S Jalen Thompson (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 13: DT Angelo Blackson (illness), DT Rashard Lawrence (calf), S Charles Washington (groin)
- Rams’ DT Sebastian Joseph-Day was not a participant in practice, but HC Sean McVay hopes he can play on Sunday. (Jourdan Rodrigue)
- Rams CB Jalen Ramsey (hip) said he is “all good” for Week 13 and looks forward to his matchup against Cardinals WR DeAndre Hopkins: “I live for that.” (Kevin Modesti)
- OUT for Week 13: LB Terrell Lewis (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 13: C Brian Allen (knee), DT Sebastian Joseph (hip)
Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said CB Tre Flowers is unlikely to play in Week 13 after sustaining a hamstring injury.
“Tre’s got a hamstring that’s bothering him. It’s gonna be a challenge for him to make it back,” Carroll said, via Brent Stecker of MyNorthwest.com. “Playing those sprinter positions you need it all, so that’s (going to go) all the way to game time before we can get an update, see if he has a chance.”
Carroll added that veteran DE Carlos Dunlap (foot) will be a game-time decision for Sunday’s game.
“Carlos has a sore foot that he may be able to play with. We’ll have to see,” Carroll said. “He’s determined to play and all that. We’ll find out as we get to game time, really.”
- Carroll said Seahawks RBs Chris Carson and Carlos Hyde are “good to go” for Week 13. (John Boyle)
- Although Carroll said he’d be “surprised” if Seahawks OT Brandon Shell (ankle) played this week, the lineman has made a “turn in his recovery.” (Curtis Crabtree)
- Seahawks OT Cedric Ogbuehi sustained a calf injury early on Friday and missed the rest of practice. (Curtis Crabtree)
- Carroll said Seahawks RB Rashaad Penny (knee) will return to practice next week. (Bob Condotta)
- As for Seahawks’ rookie DE Darrell Taylor return from the non-football injury list, Carroll mentioned that he recently went out of the area to see a medical specialist.
- DOUBTFUL for Week 13: CB Tre Flowers (hamstring), RB Travis Homer (wrist, knee), T Brandon Shell (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 13: DE Carlos Dunlap (foot), G Kyle Fuller (ankle), RB Carlos Hyde (toe), G Damien Lewis (groin)