- Per TMZ, Bears CB Prince Amukamara said he has complete confidence in QB Mitchell Trubisky: “You heard it here. In Trubisky we trust!”
- Amukamara added he would be fine if the Bears didn’t sign or trade for another quarterback to compete with Trubisky: “Coming from a guy who sees him work hard, I know what he has in store. I still feel like he played great for us last year and I think he’s our guy.”
- Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News says people close to Cowboys CB Byron Jones believe he’ll have a “strong market” for his services this offseason. The Cowboys, however, are reluctant to pay him $12 million to $14 million per season.
- Watkins mentions that veteran DE Michael Bennett, who is also a free agent this offseason, could end up retiring.
- As for DE Robert Quinn, Watkins believes it would be tough to justify offering him a three- to five-year deal at $10-$12 million per year, considering his age.
- According to Watkins, representatives for CB Anthony Brown believe his market is roughly $10 million in total compensation, which may be too high for the Cowboys.
- Given that Dallas will need to pay up to keep QB Dak Prescott and WR Amari Cooper this offseason, Watkins says it’s going to be tough for them to spend big money to improve their defensive unit.
- Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News writes that Giants ILB Alec Ogletree is a “prime candidate” to be released this offseason, which would clear $8.25 million of cap space.
- Another release candidate to watch for the Giants, according to Leonard, is veteran S Antoine Bethea. Moving on from Bethea would free up $2.75 million.
- Leonard says the Giants will try to re-sign OLB Markus Golden, but he believes New York should value him as a rotational player, as opposed to a starter.
- Leonard identifies Lorenzo Carter and DeAndre Baker as two notable young players who will need to step in 2020.
- As for DL Leonard Williams, Leonard writes that the Giants shouldn’t overpay to keep him, but it would be a bad look for GM Dave Gettleman should he walk, considering that New York gave up third-and-fifth-round picks for just eight games from Williams.
- On the offensive side of the ball, Leonard says the Giants need to draft LT Nate Solder‘s future replacement. However, he doesn’t think the Giants should cut Solder this offseason.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!