- Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter said DE Vinny Curry had a setback with his ankle by playing against the Panthers and is out this week. (Rick Stroud)
- According to Koetter, LB Kendell Beckwith won’t be activated from the NFI list, but their outlook on him is much better today than a few days ago. (Greg Auman)
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers officially ruled out DE Vinny Curry (ankle), RB Ronald Jones (hamstring), G Evan Smith (hip, wrist), and CB M.J. Stewart (foot) for Sunday’s game.
Cardinals GM Steve Keim believes the early experience for rookie QB Josh Rosen will prove to be valuable for him moving forward.
“I think he’s ahead,” Keim said, via AzCardinals.com. “The one positive in all this is he is getting those game snaps right now, instead of having them delayed in his career. So he is going through the growth period right now. There are a number of things Josh can still work on, seeing the field and some of those different concepts, areas where he can improve. But to have the kind of poise and pocket presence he has, and some of the throws he has made, is outstanding.
“There are times, we all know, when he looks like a rookie out there. There are times you look at him and say, ‘He’s got a chance to be a heck of a player.’ ”
- Keim added that he’s very excited about interim OC Byron Leftwich: “We are in a constantly evolving stage right now. We are looking at every facet of this organization whether it is personnel or coaching. Those decisions have not been made yet. But at the same time, I am rooting like heck for Byron. He’s a great guy, he’s passionate, he’s got a great feel for the game. He and Josh have developed a very good relationship. Being a young coach, just some of the things he has done so far have certainly excited us. We’ll see what the next eight weeks brings.“
- The Arizona Cardinals officially ruled out DT Robert Nkemdiche (calf) and WR Chad Williams (ankle) for Week 10 and list S Budda Baker (foot), S Tre Boston (chest), TE Jermaine Gresham (back), G Mike Iupati (back), DT Corey Peters (ankle), G Justin Pugh (hand), and G Jeremy Vujnovich (hamstring) as questionable.
Despite some struggles on offense last year, Falcons WR Julio Jones says they never lost faith in OC Steve Sarkisian.
“We always believed in Sark and we’re going to continue to believe in him,” Jones said, via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “… Like I said for us, we always believed in him. We just kept working together. The longer you do things the better you understand each other, that’s all it was. For us, at the beginning, we weren’t helping him out. Some guys were doing this and some guys were doing that and others were off here and there. If we don’t have success but we have the talent then it’s the offensive coordinator. For him, it was more so us too. You can’t blame one without the other.”
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn said new DE Bruce Irvin will definitely play against the Browns. (Kelsey Conway)
- The Atlanta Falcons officially ruled out K Matt Bryant (right hamstring) and list DE Derrick Shelby (groin) as questionable for Week 10.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said Friday that DT Shamar Stephen, S Bradley McDougald, RB Chris Carson and G D.J. Fluker will all be game-day decisions on Sunday. (John Boyle)
- Regarding LB K.J. Wright, who practiced Friday and looked good, Carroll said they need to see how he responds before making any declarative statements. (John Boyle)
- The Seattle Seahawks officially list CB Neiko Thorpe (groin) as doubtful for Sunday’s game against the Rams and list RB Chris Carson (hip), G D.J. Fluker (calf), DT Nazair Jones (illness), S Bradley McDougald (knee), G Jordan Simmons (calf), DT Shamar Stephen (foot), and LB K.J. Wright (knee) as questionable.