- Mike Silver reports that some GMs and coaches around the NFL believe Lions QB Matthew Stafford is actually the one who wants to be traded.
- Justin Rogers mentions that Lions GM Bob Quinn directly denied Stafford had asked to be traded at the Combine this week.
- On Friday, Dave Birkett followed up with Quinn and asked him directly whether Stafford has requested a trade to which Quinn replied: “He has not. Nope.”
- OSU CB Jeff Okudah mentioned that it would be “magical” to play with Darius Slay as a member of the Lions: “Magical. I think it’d be really tough for that division.” (Chris Burke)
- Sources tell Ben Allbright of Pro Football Network that the Lions are not interested in drafting a quarterback and they’re instead leaking this information to try to generate trade interest in their No. 3 overall pick.
- OSU CB Jeff Okudah will have a formal interview with the Lions on Saturday. (Kyle Meinke)
- C.J. Henderson and Cameron Dantzler have had formal meetings with the Lions at the combine. (Dave Birkett)
- The Lions have also met with Alabama CB Trevon Diggs. (Justin Rogers)
- Tom Silverstein and Jim Owczarski of PackersNews.com are reporting that Packers TE Robert Tonyan underwent surgery recently to repair a core muscle injury.
- According to Silverstein and Owczarski, the Packers are expected to either cut or reduce the salary of TE Jimmy Graham.
- Packers TE Marcedes Lewis also wants to return to Green Bay, but his agent said the two sides won’t talk until the terms of the collective bargaining agreement become clearer.
- Silverstein and Owczarski are reporting that LB Kyler Fackrell is likely to sign a one-year deal with another team that gives him a better opportunity with more playing time.
- The pair is also reporting that T Bryan Bulaga doesn’t know where he’ll end up in 2020 and that the Packers have not had any talks with his agent since the season ended.
- Rob Demovsky reports that the Packers are intent on adding on a pass-catcher both in free agency and the draft.
- Green Bay is reportedly planning to make a run at Falcons free-agent TE Austin Hooper.
- Demovsky confirms that the Packers are scheduled to meet with RB Aaron Jones‘ agent, who is interested in starting talks regarding a possible extension.
- Minnesota DB Antoine Winfield Jr. met with the Packers. (Ross Uglem)
“We had a great conversation with Ryan and it was awesome,” Rivera said about Kerrigan. “He’s all fired up about getting ready for next season. I’m not going to get into a player’s contract, but he’s a guy we’re looking forward to having around…”Whatever happens in free agency and the draft, that’s great. But we did our core and went through our core. We’re going to make our moves off the decisions we’ve made. Ryan is part of that plan going forward. That’s one of the things he and I talked about.”