- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers officially ruled out CB Carlton Davis (hip), LB Carl Nassib (groin), and LB Anthony Nelson (hamstring) for Week 10.
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn said Friday that QB Matt Ryan (ankle) “is ready” to play on Sunday against the Saints. (Will McFadden)
- According to Quinn, Falcons CB Desmond Trufant will be a game-time decision coming off of a toe injury. (Vaughn McClure)
- The Atlanta Falcons officially ruled out DE John Cominsky (ankle), C Wes Schweitzer (concussion), and RB Ito Smith (neck) for Week 10’s game and list CB Desmond Trufant (toe) as questionable.
- Jay Glazer of The Athletic writes that the likelihood of Cam Newton playing for another team in 2020 is “extremely high” if he decides to continue playing
- Glazer expects there to be a “good trade market” for Newton next year. However, he admits the Panthers still need to see how things play out with Kyle Allen in the coming months.
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera says Newton won’t be traveling with the team while on injured reserve. He also indicated that Newton won’t be on the sideline for home games, but could be in his suite. (Joe Person)
- Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey (knee) popped up on injury report this week, but said of his Week 10 status. “I feel great and I’m ready to roll.” (Joe Person)
- The Carolina Panthers officially ruled out T Greg Little (concussion) for Week 10 and list CB James Bradberry (groin) and DE Vernon Butler (back) as questionable.
“It’s not like I’m selfish. I don’t need the ball every play. He’s fully capable, too. So I think we’ll get a good balance going, and it will be hard to stop,” Kamara said, via ESPN.com. “And he was like, ‘I’m good. I’m not tripping.’ I think it’s an unselfish team. . . . So however it shakes out, it shakes out. I’m ready.”
Sean Payton made it clear that they plan to be cautious with Kamara after he dealt with knee and ankle issues.
“Week 1 [of] Alvin coming back. We’ll be smart,” Payton said. “And the good news is the way [Murray] played and the way Alvin’s played, we feel like we’re real good at that position. And they’re smart players, they’re real good teammates, they’re guys that can block, they’re guys that can handle the pressures, they can handle the receiving element of it.
“Obviously, they’re uniquely different, but we’ll sort through that and figure that out. Certainly it was great to see the way Latavius stepped up.”
- The New Orleans Saints list CB Patrick Robinson (hamstring) as questionable for Week 10.