- Yahoo Sports’ Charles Robinson broaches the idea of the Buccaneers trading for Rams RB Todd Gurley to team up with Tom Brady, pointing out Tampa Bay has the cap space to absorb Gurley’s deal.
- According to the Athletic’s Jason Butt, the Falcons could also release DL Allen Bailey as they continue to clear cap space.
- Butt thinks Falcons C Alex Mack is more likely to be restructured and not released given there’s not a clear replacement for him on the roster.
- Butt adds a restructure for Falcons QB Matt Ryan would not surprise him.
- Chiefs LB Reggie Ragland is an affordable target Butt mentions to keep an eye on at linebacker.
- ESPN’s Vaughn McClure expects the Falcons to make a play for Cowboys DE Robert Quinn in free agency.
- A large portion of the Falcons’ key decision-makers conducted a formal interview with Wisconsin RB Jonathan Taylor at the Combine. (McClure)
- Falcons DT Tyeler Davison‘s three-year, $12 million deal includes $4.55 million guaranteed, a $910,000 guaranteed base salary in 202, followed by salaries of $3.1 million and $3.45 million. (Aaron Wilson)
- Davison also has $200,000 in per-game active roster bonuses in 2020, $250,000 in 20201 and $350,000 in 2022.
- According to Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, the Panthers plan to try to re-sign DE Mario Addison, as he’s a good fit for the culture new HC Matt Rhule wants to instill.
- Yahoo Sports’ Charles Robinson says the “everyone is available” tune the Panthers put off at the Combine has faded, as it appears GM Marty Hurney wants to retool more than rebuild.
Saints S Vonn Bell officially reached the open market Monday and is free to negotiate with any team. However, the former second-round selection out of Ohio State says he hasn’t ruled out a return to New Orleans despite his status as one of the better safeties available on the market.
“You never know what’ll happen,” Bell said via Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer. “I’m open to all options. Like I said, I’m very optimistic. First and foremost, I love that I’ve been playing here for four years. And I made it a home. But, yeah, certainly I’m very open. And I’m ready to see all options. The big man takes care of me.”
- The Saints won’t tender RFA OL Cameron Tom but would still like to re-sign him, per Nick Underhill.
- New Orleans also doesn’t plan to tender RFA CB Justin Hardee. (Underhill)
- Saints LS Zach Wood‘s new four-year deal is worth $4.78 million and includes $1.3 million guaranteed. (Aaron Wilson)
- Wood received a $700,000 signing bonus and will make salaries of $825,000 ($600,000 guaranteed), $1 million, $1.085 million and $1.17 million.