“I like the fact he’s saying he can play until he’s 35, because I’m a huge fan of Richard Sherman and what he brings to our team,” Lynch said on KNBR, via Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle. “… I think Sherm was speaking way out there in the future about the safety position. I don’t doubt him on anything. He has the size. He certainly has the football intelligence. I believe he has good years left at corner.”
- The 49ers brought LB Travis Freeney and S Terrell Williams Jr. (signed to practice squad) for tryouts on Thursday. (Howard Balzer)
New Cardinals OT Joe Barksdale said he believes he can step in and help to solidify the team’s offensive line.
“I feel like I can step in anywhere,” Barksdale said, via AzCardinals.com. “It’s not just here but anywhere. Injuries or not, I’m a great player. So I don’t think the injuries help me to think that (I can play now) more than my ability does.”
- Cardinals GM Steve Keim noted that they will have “a significant amount of cap room for the first time in my tenure” next year at around $70 million.
- However, Keim admitted he likely won’t be around if the team decides to rebuild completely. “If it’s a rebuild next year, you won’t be having this radio show,” Keim said on 98.7, via AzCardinals.com.
- The Arizona Cardinals officially ruled out LB Deone Bucannon (chest) and list S Budda Baker (knee) as questionable for Week 14.
- The Los Angeles Rams officially ruled out RB Malcolm Brown (shoulder) for Week 14.