- The 49ers announced that they’ve opened the practice window for rookie DE Kentavius Street, who remains on the Non-Football Injury List.
Cardinals GM Steve Keim made it clear that they’re sticking with Josh Rosen as their starting quarterback through the ups and downs and believe he’s shown that he can be a franchise quarterback.
“He is certainly the guy we’re going to ride with,” Keim said, via AzCentral.com. “He has shown everything to me, internally, that you would look for in a franchise quarterback.”
Cardinals coach Steve Wilks added that Rosen is still improving each week, even though there are some obvious things he’ll need to work on.
“I still think he’s improving,” Wilks said. “It’s hard to say in that game [Sunday’s loss to Detroit], but I still think he’s progressing moving forward. When you look at some of the opportunities he had, we have to do a much better job of really going through our progressions and not trying to force a lot of throws. Sometimes, there are check downs underneath that we need to look at. . . .
“I think you can see the potential and the things he’s capable of doing. We can definitely see that. I can go back throughout the season and pull out a lot of positive things – the two-minute drives, the winning drives, being able to operate under duress. He has the qualities and the skill set. The inconsistencies are there, and a lot of it’s not just him. It’s the personnel and it falls back on us coaches trying to put those guys in position to be successful.”
- Cardinals RB David Johnson didn’t practice on Wednesday due to a quad injury, but is expected to play in Week 15. (Darren Urban)
- The Rams worked out CFL LB Sam Eguavoen this week. (Howard Balzer)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said Wednesday that LB K.J. Wright participated in their walkthrough and the hope is he can return in the next couple of weeks. However, he won’t be available in Week 15 unless something significant changes. (Curtis Crabtree)
- Caroll said G D.J. Fluker won’t practice on Wednesday but they’re leaving the door open for the chance he can return by end of the week. (Curtis Crabtree)
- According to Carroll, RB Rashaad Penny has a knee injury that kept him from practicing on Wednesday. (Curtis Crabtree)
- Carroll mentioned that Maurice Alexander is in the concussion protocol. (Bob Condotta)