- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan says the hope is DE Nick Bosa and CB Jason Verrett are recovered from their ankle injuries in time to play Week 1. (Matt Maiocco)
- 49ers CB K’Waun Williams had his knee scoped and is questionable for Week 1. (Maiocco)
- Per Shanahan, 49ers RB Jerick McKinnon had a platelet-rich plasma injection and was held out of practice after experiencing soreness in his knee. He’ll be held out two weeks. (Wagoner)
- If McKinnon’s injury continues to linger, he can’t go back on the PUP list and would have to start the season on injured reserve with a return designation. (Maiocco)
- Albert Breer writes that the 49ers believe recently hired DL coach Kris Kocurek can be a “difference-maker” for their defensive line and notes that Solomon Thomas has already benefitted from his scheme by getting “upfield more often.”
- Breer says 49ers’ first-round DE Nick Bosa “has been a menace” going against OTs Mike McGlinchey and Joe Staley.
- As for 49ers CB Richard Sherman, Breer mentions that team is optimistic that Sherman will return to his form in Seattle after playing at about “70 percent capacity” last year due to his recovery from a torn Achilles.
- Breer calls fifth-round LB Dre Greenlaw a potential “rookie sleeper” and believes he could contribute “right away” in a defensive role.
- According to Breer, 49ers C Weston Richburg‘s status for the start of the season is currently “in question” due to knee and quad injuries.
- Per ESPN’s Nick Wagoner, 49ers GM John Lynch says DE Dee Ford should be ready to practice by Week 3 of the preseason as he works through knee tendinitis.
“It just continues to keep growing like I always talk about,” Goff said, via Vincent Bonsignore of The Athletic. “I can’t specifically say anything in particular, but just me and Sean continue to get on the same page, I think it’s continuing to grow. And then, just my understanding of everything will always continue to grow with Sean as well.”
Goff also said he is developing chemistry with TE Gerald Everett after completing a touchdown to him during their scrimmage against the Raiders on Wednesday.
“No doubt,” Goff said. “Especially an off-schedule play like that where it is just so much chemistry and so much trying to feel each other out. For us to make a play like that — we’ve been making plays for a couple years now but continuing to make more and hopefully do some this year.”
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer says the Rams believe Everett has taken a step forward entering his third season and HC Sean McVay is familiar with how to use tight ends from his time with Jordan Reed in Washington.
- However, Breer says Everett and WR Josh Reynolds are buried behind the rest of the weapons in the Rams offense.
- TMZ reports that Seahawks LB Mychal Kendricks‘ sentencing date for insider trading has been set for September 25.
- According to Aaron Wilson, the Seahawks are hosting free agent WR Jovon Durante for a workout.
- Seattle signed RB Xavier Turner. (NFLTR)
- Seahawks waived CB Davante Davis with an injury designation.