Cam Inman of the Mercury News reports that Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin might consider a return to the NFL.
Inman suggests that the 49ers could possibly be an option for Kiffin, if he were willing to leave his current position under Nick Saban.
- According to Jason La Canfora, Rob Chudzinski “remains well positioned” to become the 49ers’ next offensive coordinator, though official negotiations have yet to take place.
- ESPN’s John Clayton (per Mike Rodak) reports that the Bills have reached a two-year agreement with Aaron Kromer to become offensive line coach.
- FootballScoop.com is reporting that the Bills have retained Kurt Anderson, who will be their assistant OL coach.
- According to Todd Archer, the Cowboys will carry over $3.26 million to their 2015 salary cap.
- Bill Parcells’ book reveals HBO founder Charles Dolan and current Dolphins owner Stephen Ross were in contention to buy the Jets in 1999 prior to Woody Johnson‘s purchase of the franchise. (Pro Football Talk)
- Packers DC Dom Capers mentioned that he has no intention of retiring any time soon.
“I would like to coach as long as I enjoy it and feel I have something to offer,” Capers said, via Bob McGinn. “If I didn’t feel I have something to offer I wouldn’t do it anymore. I’m enjoying it. My health’s excellent. You can talk to anybody here… who spends the most hours here? And I’d like to think (I have something to offer).”