- Bears GM Ryan Pace conceded that they face big decision regarding veterans CB Charles Tillman and LB Lance Briggs.
“We’ve talked to those guys,” Pace said. “They are great Chicago Bears. We are still going through those [evaluations] as with the other guys. It’s a slow process but we recognize they [have been] great Chicago Bears and those are going to be big decisions for us.“
- HC Mike Pettine said that visited QB Johnny Manziel last week and added. “We’re proud of him.” (Marc Sessler)
- On the subject of Josh Gordon playing for the Browns, Pettine said he didn’t know. (Marc Sessler)
- Pettine indicated that they could be open to re-signing TE Jordan Cameron at the right price. Pettine added that injuries have been a factor for Cameron. (Marc Sessler)
- Pettine mentioned that OLB Barkevious Mingo recently underwent shoulder surgery. (Marc Sessler)
- Buccaneers GM Jason Licht told reporters that WR Vincent Jackson will be back in 2016:
- HC Jay Gruden said they’ve been in contact with players such as WR Pierre Garcon, DT Barry Cofield, and DL Stephen Bowen about possibly restructuring their contracts. (Mike Jones)
“In free agency, everyone wants to see what the market is,” Loomis said. “The question is, can that get done prior to March 10? Can both sides get a good feel for that beforehand and do a deal, or do we need to wait and see where all the offers are and respond accordingly?
“Where we are cap-wise is going to dictate part of the structure for these deals,” Loomis explained. “So it’s all intertwined.“