- Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst graded SDSU CB Damontae Kazee as a third-round pick and mentions that he has scheduled 10 official visits including the Eagles, Jets, Cowboys, Buccaneers and Vikings.
- Louisianna-Lafayette RB Elijah McGuire has scheduled a workout for the Falcons and will visit the Jets, Panthers and Raiders. Pauline grades him as a fourth-round prospect.
- According to Pauline, SE Louisiana DT Jonathan Taylor has drawn a lot of interest from the Redskins.
- The Chargers recently brought in Southern Mississippi C Cameron Tom for an official visit.
- Eric Edholm reports that the Redskins brought in Connecticut S Obi Melifonwu for a top-30 visit on Saturday. He also visited the Browns on Friday.
- Jeff Dickerson of ESPN believes the Bears’ ideal scenario in the 2017 NFL Draft would be to trade down from the No. 3 overall pick for a quarterback.
- If Chicago, in fact, holds onto the No. 3 pick, Dickerson could see the team selecting a defensive player like LSU S Jamaal Adams, Ohio State S Malik Hooker, or Stanford DE Solomon Thomas. In the end, Bears DC Vic Fangio‘s scouting would play a large part in the team drafting a defensive player.
The Chiefs announced that they hosted 19 prospects at their local workout day including:
- Missouri NT Josh Augusta
- Kansas State FS Dante Barnett
- Kansas State WR Deante Burton
- Missouri TE Sean Culkin
- North Dakota State RB King Frazier
- Central Missouri State QB Garrett Fugate
- Missouri ILB/FB Connor Harris
- Missouri DT Rickey Hatley
- Missouri LS Jake Hurrell
- Southern Illinois K Austin Johnson
- Missouri ILB Donavin Newsom
- Tulsa P Dalton Parks
- Texas Tech DT Pip Pipkins
- Missouri RB Alex Ross
- Missouri ILB Michael Scherer
- Kansas FS Fish Smithson
- Pittsburgh State Deron Washington
- Kansas State OLB Jordan Willis
- Kansas K Matt Wyman
- Todd Archer of ESPN expects the Cowboys to sign at least one lower-level quarterback like veteran Luke McCown but does not see the team trading for a backup.
- As for drafting a quarterback, Archer could see the team selecting one during the fourth- or mid-rounds.
- Archer writes that Dallas could trade their No. 28 overall pick if one of the top quarterbacks in North Carolina’s Mitch Trubisky, Clemson’s Deshaun Watson, Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer, Cal’s Davis Webb or Texas Tech’s Patrick Mahomes are still available when they select.