- According to Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst, the Giants, Colts, Saints, Bills, Titans, and Cowboys all attended Ole Miss’ Pro Day this week.
- Pauline mentions that the Vikings, Saints, Cowboys, and Texans each “met extensively” with Mississippi QB Jordan Ta’amu.
- Mississippi WR DaMarkus Lodge met with the Giants on Friday and also spent time with Bills‘ and Saints‘ wide receivers coaches.
- The Giants requested “team-specific” drills at right tackle for Mississippi OT Greg Little, while he also met with the Saints and Panthers at his Pro Day.
- Pauline reports that the Jaguars and Broncos are “very interested” in Mississippi TE Dawson Knox, and the Cowboys are also showing intrigue in him.
- Mississippi S Zedrick Woods met with the Titans on Friday over dinner and he also “spent extensive time” with the Jets.
- Tony Pauline also reports that Titans HC Mike Vrabel and Colts DL coach Mike Phair ran a “good amount” of workouts for TCU DEs Ben Banogu and Lawrence Collier at their Pro Day.
- According to Pauline, the Titans had a “significant contingent” on hand including Vrabel, GM Jon Robinson, and director of college scouting Jon Salge.
- Also in attendance at TCU’s Pro Day was 49ers’ director of college scouting Ethan Waugh, Vikings LBs coach Adam Zimmer, Dolphins DL coach Marion Hobby, and Chiefs director of player personnel Mike Borgonzi.
- Regarding Banogu, he met with the Giants, Colts, and Patriots on Thursday night, met with the Ravens on Friday and had a private workout for Baltimore on Saturday.
- Banogu also has workouts scheduled with the Jets, Saints, and Texans and official visits with the Steelers and Broncos.
- As for Collier, he has received “a lot of interest” from the Colts, Ravens, Jets, and Seahawks.
- TCU LB Ty Summers met with the Titans, Vikings, Dolphins, Seahawks, and Saints at his Pro Day.
- According to Tony Pauline, the Steelers offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner and the Giants’, Cowboys’ and Ravens’ RBs coaches were on hand at Memphis’ Pro Day to observe RBs Darrell Henderson and Tony Pollard.
- Henderson met with the Ravens, Buccaneers, and Giants on Thursday and spoke with the Rams on Friday.
- Memphis LB Curtis Akins met with the Colts, Rams, and Titans during his Pro Day.
- Georgia Tech EDGE Anree Saint-Amour met privately with Cincinnati Bengals DL coach Nick Eason on Friday. (Aaron Wilson)
“Now we’re looking for more from Josh and he’s gonna give us more because we’re gonna demand more. We’re looking for superstar status at corner from Josh,” said Gruden, via Josh Keim of ESPN.
Although Gruden said it would be “far-fetched” to call Norman the best cornerback in the league, he does not think Washington would be as competitive without him.
“To say he’s performed as the best cornerback in the National Football League would be far-fetched,” Gruden said. “But I will say this: I’m glad we got him. I think not having Josh Norman, our team would be not quite as competitive as we have been with Josh Norman. Moving forward having Josh Norman on this roster is going to help us get where we want to go.”