- Dane Brugler believes that Mississippi State DE Montez Sweat “cemented” himself as a top-20 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft after his performance in Senior Bowl practices this week.
- Matt Miller has spoken to over 10 teams who mentioned that USC OT Chuma Edoga is going to get “knocked for respect, attitude, and work ethic.” According to Miller, USC did not give Edoga rave reviews and one scout called him “Ereck Flowers.”
- Miller believes Drew Lock will end up being drafted before Daniel Jones.
- In a chat session, Pete Dougherty of PackersNews.com mentions that the Packers should release TE Jimmy Graham, OLB Nick Perry and RT Bryan Bulaga.
- Dougherty considers cutting Perry to be a “no-brainer“, given that he just can’t stay healthy.
- As for Graham, Dougherty says it’s hard to justify paying him $9M in salary and bonuses next season. However, he admits that releasing Graham will depend in part on what new HC Matt LaFleur thinks of him.
- The Green Bay Packers announced Friday that they’ve former Chiefs assistant Mike Smith as their new outside linebackers coach.
Steelers RB James Conner said he isn’t satisfied with his progress despite being elected to the Pro Bowl and added that he is not yet next year’s starter.
“Any time I get satisfied or comfortable and think I arrived, that’s when I decline,” Conner said, via Mark Kaboly of The Athletic. “I’ve got to earn it every year. Nothing is given to you. There is no label. I am not the starter this year. I have to earn that. I will earn it in training camp. That’s what we’ll do.