King mentions that the Browns are among a few teams with some interest in Rice.
However, the concern from teams is related to the fallout from signing a guy who knocked out his fiancée in an elevator.
On top of that, there’s reportedly more concern with the fact that his play was less-than-mediocre during the 2013 when he last appeared in an NFL game.
- Chargers QB Philip Rivers‘ new four-year extension worth $84 million includes a no-trade clause.
- This further suggests that Rivers will likely end his career as a member of the Chargers.
Eagles S Earl Wolff suffered a setback in his surgically repaired knee and could miss the remainder of the preseason.
“It’s just been getting worse and worse every day,” Wolff said, via the Newark Star-Ledger. “It got to the point where I couldn’t walk after practice.”
Wolff added that he’s still hoping to return before the start of the season.
“That is my goal,” Wolff said of playing again this preseason. “It feels better than it did three days ago, so it is improving.”
- Falcons second-round RB Tevin Coleman (hamstring) returned to practice on Monday. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- Falcons LB Brooks Reed (groin) also returned to practice on Monday. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- Mike Jones reports that X-rays on Redskins CB DeAngelo Hall‘s toe came back negative.
- Jones adds that there’s a chance Hall could play in the team’s second preseason game on Thursday.