Albert Breer has complied a list of players who teams should at least inquire about in potential trades of ahead of this year’s deadline. It’s worth mentioning that Breer isn’t reporting that these players are on the trading block, but he believes they’re at least worth asking about for a variety of reasons.
Breer’s list includes:
- Patriots LBs Jamie Collins and Dont’a Hightower
- Browns WR Josh Gordon
- Browns CB Joe Haden
- Rams DE Robert Quinn
- Jets DL Sheldon Richardson
- Panthers DT Kawann Short
- 49ers WR Torrey Smith
- Browns LT Joe Thomas
- Dolphins DE Cameron Wake
- Titans WR Kendall Wright
Yesterday, Cutler had an interesting response when asked if he felt confident that he had the support of Fox.
“He doesn’t have a choice, I guess, at this point,” Cutler said, via the Chicago Tribune. “Brian is out, so I’ve got to go. I’ve had good conversations with Foxy this week, last week, the week before. There’s never been any strain in our relationship. We’re both very open and honest, and we’re on the same page. We just want to win football games.”
- According to Albert Breer, the chances of the Cowboys sticking with Dak Prescott as their starting quarterback once Tony Romo is ready to return are “very real.“
- In fact, Breer says that people inside the organization are “mulling reasons to give Romo the job back, rather than thinking about whether or not the rookie has done enough to stake his claim.“
- Paul Gutierrez reports that Raiders DE Mario Edwards Jr. has joined the team in Sarasota.
- Edwards Jr. has been on the team’s injured reserve list since the start of the season. He has been eligible to start practicing since last week in the event the Raiders designate him as the player to bring back from injured reserve.