- Joel Corry of CBS Sports points out that Von Miller‘s new six-year, $114 million contract with the Broncos includes a $17 million signing bonus to go along with a $6 million roster bonus guaranteed for skill and injury.
- Miller’s 2016 cap figure will be $11.5 million, according to Corry.
- $500,000 of Miller’s 2017 workout bonus is fully guaranteed at signing, but is prorated and treated like a signing bonus.
- Corry adds that the deal also includes team options in 2020 and 2021, which is the same structure Denver used for their deal with LB Brandon Marshall.
- Todd Archer of ESPN wonders if long-time Cowboys TE Jason Witten could quietly walk away from the NFL much like Tim Duncan recently did in the NBA.
- Archer questions whether the Cowboys’ decision to re-sign Justin Durant was more about Mark Nzeocha and Damien Wilson than finding a replacement for Rolando McClain.
- According to Archer, Anthony Hitchens should be the team’s starting middle linebacker, barring an injury.
- Considering that the Cowboys brought back Durant, Archer is curious to see if the consider re-signing someone like DE George Selvie to bolster their defensive line depth.
- Archer reports that there’s “a lot of work to be done” in regards to an extension for C Travis Fredrick if Dallas wants to get an agreement in place before training camp.
- Michael Rothstein expects the Lions to keep five running backs including FB Michael Burton on their 53-man roster.
- Rothstein could see the Lions signing another running back to compete in training camp.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!