- According to the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson, the Dolphins will have a hard call to make at wide receiver when final cutdowns come.
- Jackson writes that barring a trade or injury, DeVante Parker, Kenny Stills, Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant are roster locks, with free-agent addition Allen Hurns a frontrunner for the fifth slot.
- Jackson says free-agent addition Brice Butler and undrafted rookie free agent Preston Williams are the two top competitors for the sixth spot, with the staff high on Williams who, despite being 6-5, “can run routes like he’s 5-8” per WR coach Karl Dorrell.
- Other potential candidates for the roster include Saeed Blacknall, Trenton Irwin and Isaiah Ford.
- Jets HC Adam Gase said WR Jamison Crowder will have an MRI done on his left foot. (Darryl Slater)
- Crowder suffered the injury in practice Monday. He missed a chunk of time last year with a right foot injury.
- Jets OT Brent Qvale will not need surgery for a knee injury during camp and could return later this season. (Slater)
Doug Kyed of NESN posted an updated 53-man roster projection on Monday.
- Some of the notable offensive cuts include QB Danny Etling, WR Braxton Berrios, WR Dontrelle Inman, and TE Lance Kendricks.
- On the defensive side of the ball, Kyed projects DE Shilique Calhoun, DE Derek Rivers, DT Danny Shelton and CB Duke Dawson to be on the outside looking in.
- Fansided’s Matt Verderame writes that while a new deal isn’t imminent, the Patriots are in the process of working out an extension for G Joe Thuney.
- Verderame also mentions that multiple teams contacted the Patriots inquiring about Thuney, but were rebuffed by New England, which sees him as a core piece.