Home Bengals AFC North Notes: Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Steelers
- Per Geoff Hobson of the team’s official website, Bengals WR A.J. Green remains in a walking boot.
- Green injured his ankle and had surgery near the beginning of camp and is projected to miss a few games to start the season.
- The Bengals were one of four teams to place a claim on Redskins RB Wendell Smallwood when he was waived by Philadelphia. (Field Yates)
- Bengals re-signed G John Jerry. (NFLTR)
- Bengals placed OT O’Shea Dugas on injured reserve.
- According to the Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec, the Ravens should know by February how they’re going to approach OT Ronnie Stanley‘s potential contract extension after exercising his fifth-year option this past offseason.
- Zrebiec says the Ravens will likely keep their eyes peeled for another defensive lineman to bolster their depth, as they currently have only five on the roster.
- Zrebiec would be surprised if the Ravens were serious trade suitors for Chargers RB Melvin Gordon.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh says the team has decided who will start at left guard Week 1 but won’t announce it before then: “Why would we? What would be the advantage for us to do that?” (Zrebiec)
- Ravens first-round WR Marquise Brown is “full-go” for the season opener, per Harbaugh. Brown will be looking to make an impact after being limited for most of camp while he recovered from a Lisfranc injury suffered late last year: “He’s going to have to get up to speed quickly. We’ll have to be vigilant in what we ask him to do and what he can do well. It’s going to be a challenge for them, too. He’s really fast and he’s got great hands.” (Jamison Hensley)
- According to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, Steelers DT Javon Hargrave will likely not receive an extension this year
- Hargrave is prepared to play out 2019 and potentially enter free agency in 2020 as one of the better options on the market: “That’s what it’s looking like…Just focused on having a good year this year and hopefully we win the Super Bowl.”
- The Steelers put in a claim on former Cardinals TE Ricky Seals-Jones, who ended up with the Browns. (Field Yates)
- Steelers QB Mason Rudolph says he’s the No. 2 quarterback behind Ben Roethlisberger. (Ray Fittipaldo)
- Steelers CB Joe Haden says his recent two-year contract extension won’t be his last: “Not even close, not even close. It was a 2-year deal so I will still have some years left.” (Mark Kaboly)