- Bengals WR A.J. Green was able to sprint for the first time on Wednesday and said the plan is for him to run routes for the first time Sunday before their game against the Ravens and see how the ankle responds. (Jay Morrison)
- Green added that he remains hopeful for a return in Week 7.
- The Cincinnati Bengals officially ruled out DE Carlos Dunlap (knee), DT Ryan Glasgow (thigh), T Cordy Glenn (concussion), WR A.J. Green (ankle), T Andre Smith (ankle), and DE Kerry Wynn (concussion) for Week 6’s game and list S Shawn Williams (thigh) as questionable.
However, Beckham later explained that he’s not advocating “just giving me the ball to appease me or anything like that” and he just wants to help alleviate some pressure on his quarterback.
“Take something off his plate,” Beckham said, via Cleveland.com. “I’m more than happy to take something off his plate and put it on me. I can take it. I can handle all this stuff, so just put it on me and see what happens. . . . I care for this game period, so whether I’m emotional during the game or whatever, it’s because I care, so like I say, I’m a big boy. I can handle any criticism, any words that are said about me, anything. I’ll take more on my plate, I’ll take that responsibility 10 times out of 10.”
- Browns HC Freddie Kitchens said he’s not sure if WR Rashard Higgins (knee) will play in Week 6. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Browns practice squad WR Derrick Willies tore his ACL on Thursday. (Jake Trotter)
- The Cleveland Browns officially list T Kendall Lamm (knee), CB Denzel Ward (hamstring), CB Greedy Williams (hamstring) as questionable for Week 6.
- Browns signed QB Eric Dungey to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Browns placed WR Derrick Willies on the practice squad injured list.
- The Browns worked out free agent DL Fadol Brown. (Field Yates)
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said rookie WR Marquise Brown (ankle) and LB Patrick Onwuasor (ankle) will both be game-time decisions on Sunday. Harbaugh mentioned that he thought both would practice Friday but they were unable to do so. (Jamison Hensley)
- The Baltimore Ravens officially ruled out CB Jimmy Smith (knee) for Week 6’s game and list TE Mark Andrews (shoulder), WR Marquise Brown (ankle), LB Patrick Onwuasor (ankle) as questionable.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers officially ruled out LB Mark Barron (hamstring), RB Roosevelt Nix (knee), QB Mason Rudolph (concussion), RB Jaylen Samuels (knee), and WR James Washington (shoulder) for Week 6’s game and list CB Steven Nelson (groin) as questionable.