- The Athletic’s Paul Dehner Jr. expects the Bengals to trade QB Andy Dalton this offseason and turn the offense over to LSU QB Joe Burrow with the No. 1 overall pick.
- That would leave Ryan Finley and Jake Dolegala fighting for the backup quarterback spot.
- Both RBs Joe Mixon and Giovani Bernard are in the Bengals plans, though a holdout from Mixon is anticipated entering the final year of his rookie deal.
- Dehner writes it’s possible the Bengals could make WR A.J. Green play out 2020 on the franchise tag if no long-term deal is reached.
- Dehner says the Bengals will likely part ways with TE Tyler Eifert, OT Cordy Glenn, G Alex Redmond, G John Jerry, LB Hardy Nickerson and possibly CB Darqueze Dennard, DT Andrew Billings and LB Nick Vigil.
- Dehner adds WR John Ross, C Billy Price, CB William Jackson and CB Dre Kirkpatrick are players who could be on the trading block.
- Bengals senior defensive assistant Mark Duffner is the logical replacement for former LB coach Tem Lukabu who left for the defensive coordinator position at Boston College. (Jay Morrison)
- According to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, 49ers DC Robert Saleh‘s interview with the Browns went well.
- While Fowler says Patriots OC Josh McDaniels and Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski are still the two early favorites, the team is leaving room to be swayed by an interview.
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Ravens RB Mark Ingram is expected to return from a calf strain to play against the Titans this week.
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Ravens are working out running backs on Tuesday for practice squad considerations. Baltimore reportedly feels good about Ingram’s recovery and status for this week’s game.
- The Athletic’s Mark Kaboly believes the Steelers will use the franchise tag on LB Bud Dupree at the cost of about $16 million.
- Conversely, Kaboly writes the Steelers will likely have to let DT Javon Hargrave leave in free agency.
- Steelers S Sean Davis is also unlikely to be back following the successful trade for S Minkah Fitzpatrick, per Kaboly.
- Kaboly also expects the Steelers to move on from CB Artie Burns, C B.J. Finney, G Ramon Foster, P Jordan Berry and LB Anthony Chickillo.
- Kaboly believes Pittsburgh will re-sign LB Tyler Matakevich and TE Nick Vannett.
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports the Steelers will likely retain OC Randy Fichtner in 2020.