- According to NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo, the Bengals were actually encouraged by the MRI results for QB Joe Burrow. He suffered a torn ACL and MCL in addition to some cartilage damage, but the team is optimistic he’ll return next season.
- Garafolo adds that Burrow might not return for the start of the season depending on his recovery but the Bengals anticipate having him back next year.
- Bengals DL coach Nick Eason tested positive for COVID-19 and the team is undergoing contact tracing to determine any other close contacts. (Tom Pelissero)
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport reports the Browns, once again, placed a waiver claim for DE Takk McKinley, who ultimately ended up with the Raiders on Monday.
- This is the third waiver claim the Browns have placed on McKinley in as many weeks. Should McKinley fail a third consecutive physical for a new team, it would not be surprising to see the Browns place a fourth claim for him.
- According to NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo, Browns CB Denzel Ward is expected to miss a few weeks with a calf strain.
- The Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec writes Ravens second-round RB J.K. Dobbins‘ placement on the COVID-19 list throws a wrench in what appeared to be the rookie taking over the backfield.
- Zrebiec adds it’s clear veteran RB Mark Ingram is struggling to be as explosive as he was last year. While he’s a key leader for the team, Zrebiec notes it’s not out of the question Ingram becomes a gameday inactive if Baltimore needs the spot elsewhere.
- The Athletic’s Ed Bouchette writes the Steelers might need to cut some veteran players this offseason. He mentions G David DeCastro ($8.75 million salary), CB Joe Haden ($7 million) and TE Vance McDonald ($5.2 million) as potential cut candidates.
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger is pleased with how his elbow is holding up despite the heavy workload this year: “It feels really good, except when I bang it on the ground. But surgically-wise, it feels good.” (Brooke Pryor)
- Steelers activated TE Vance McDonald from the COVID-19 list. (NFLTR)
- Steelers signed TE Kevin Rader to their active roster.
- Steelers signed LB/LS Christian Kuntz to their practice squad.
- Steelers placed TE Zach Gentry on injured reserve.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!