- According to the Athletic’s Zak Keefer, former Colts QB Andrew Luck is happy in retirement living in Indianapolis with his family and there are no signs he’s contemplating a return.
- Colts 2019 second-round DE Ben Banogu suffered an ankle injury during Monday’s scrimmage. However, HC Frank Reich thinks he avoided a serious injury: “I don’t think it’s too bad.” (George Bremer)
The Jaguars had a number of problems in 2019 and that included the performance of the offensive line. While rookie OT Jawaan Taylor showed promise on the right side, neither C Brandon Linder or G Andrew Norwell lived up to their contracts and LT Cam Robinson battled injury the entire season. Despite that, the team didn’t make any major changes to the group after OL coach George Warhop stood on the table for his group.
“Yes, I wanted to keep all these guys,” Warhop said via Jacksonville.com’s John Reid. “My opinion about my guys often differs from other people’s opinions about my guys. But the one thing I saw from this group last year as they were physical, right. ”They were physical, and Cam was dealing with a knee so you really didn’t see all of him. And I’m hopeful we’ll see all of him and what he’s capable of now moving forward. I teach things a little bit differently and it takes some time to understand that. At the end of the year, I thought our guys had a good understanding, and they were going about it the right way.”
- Warhop declared Robinson the winner of the left tackle competition against OL Will Richardson: “I think he’s extremely important. And we need him to perform at a high level. The biggest thing from last year to now is he can take all the practice. He’s taking all the reps, there’s been, to this point, no issues with him physically.”
- Per ESPN’s Turron Davenport, Titans OLB coach Shane Bowen said they’re working to make sure OLB Vic Beasley can catch up with the playbook after missing the start of camp: “It would be unfair to say hand him the defense and expect him to know the whole playbook.”
- Bowen said they won’t give Beasley more than he can handle: “When he gets back, a lot is going to be determined on how much he can handle. Will try to use him in different areas as needed.” (Jim Wyatt)
- Titans ST coordinator Craig Auckerman called the kicker battle between Greg Joseph and UDFA Tucker McCann “neck and neck.” (Erik Bacharach)