Colts’ veteran WR T.Y. Hilton confirmed that he would like to re-sign with Indianapolis this offseason, but it is up to GM Chris Ballard and owner Jim Irsay.
“I want to be here,” said Hilton, via Jim Ayello of the Indianapolis Star. “But (an extension) takes two sides. That’s up to Mr. (Jim) Irsay and Chris (Ballard) to get the job done. For me, I want to be a Colt.”
Hilton added that his next contract will likely be his last in the NFL regardless of the possible length of the deal.
“Whatever I sign for on my next contract, that’ll be when I hang it up. Whether it’s two years, three years, four years, whatever it is. Whatever I sign for on my next contract, that’ll be it.”
Hilton hasn’t considered the possibility of Week 17 being the final game of his career with the Colts.
“No, not at all,” Hilton said. “Go out there and play my game, and whatever happens, happens.”
Hilton also advocated for Colts QB Philip Rivers to continue his career in Indianapolis next season.
“Absolutely,” Hilton said. “It would be dumb for him not to be.”
- Colts HC Frank Reich said G Quenton Nelson took “some reps” at left tackle in practice this week but did not reveal his full plan for replacing LT Anthony Castonzo (ankle) for Week 17. (Stephen Holder)
- Colts’ assistant OL coach Klayton Adams will be unavailable for Week 17 due to COVID-19 related reasons. (George Bremer)
- OUT for Week 17: T Will Holden (ankle), S Khari Willis (concussion), CB Rock Ya-Sin (concussion)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: WR Michael Pittman (concussion)
Texans’ impending free-agent S A.J. Moore said he’d like to re-sign with Houston to a long-term extension.
“There’s no place I would rather me. I love Houston. I would love to do a long-term deal with these guys,” said Moore, via Aaron Wilson.
Regarding their Week 17 game against the Titans, Moore said he would love to end Tennessee’s playoff chances by beating them on Sunday.
“If we beat them, they may not make the playoffs. We’re definitely going in pumped and want to knock them out,” said Moore, via Wilson.
As for missing two games this season due to a strained hamstring, Moore said he has learned how to properly take care of his body.
“I’ve learned so much, especially at the safety position. I have to treat my body better. I missed a couple of games,” said Moore, via Wilson.
- Crennel said Texans LT Laremy Tunsil (ankle) could be a game-time decision on Sunday and they plan to give him “as long as he needs” to determine his availability. (Sarah Barshop)
- OUT for Week 17: T Brent Qvale (concussion)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 17: T Laremy Tunsil (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: CB Phillip Gaines (knee), RB Duke Johnson (neck)
Titans HC Mike Vrabel said they’ve had a “good week” of practice and expects their Week 17 game against the Texans will come down to “performance and execution.”
“I think it’s been a good week. It’s going to come down to our performance and execution,” said Vrabel, via Terry McCormick of Titan Insider.
Vrabel commended Titans CB Kristian Fulton for returning from his knee injury and is hopeful the rookie will play in Sunday’s game against the Texans.
“Kristian [Fulton] has done a nice job. When you’re away for so long and in rehab not on the practice field it makes it tough. He’s had a good couple of wks. Hopefully, when we make those decisions on who plays on Sunday he’s done enough to be out there,” said Vrabel, via Turron Davenport.
- Titans CB Adoree’ Jackson (knee) said he’s “getting back into the groove” of playing again and is focused on “catching up late.” (Jim Wyatt)
- OUT for Week 17: LB Derick Roberson (hamstring)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: LB Daren Bates (hip), RB Khari Blasingame (ankle)