- According to NBC Sports’ Matt Maiocco, Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell reached out to all 31 NFL teams to gauge trade interest in CB Jalen Ramsey.
- The Athletic’s Phillip Heilman gets the sense that players are skeptical about the direction of the franchise given the trade talks with Ramsey, contract battles with DE Yannick Ngakoue and other decisions made in recent years.
- Heilman adds he believes Ramsey has spoken with Jaguars owner Shad Khan, though he hasn’t spoken with HC Doug Marrone. Heilman doesn’t think the choice is necessarily Ramsey or the front office, as the Jaguars could choose to majorly clean house.
- Jaguars OC John DeFilippo said the general lack of involvement by WR Dede Westbrook, who has six catches for 33 yards and a touchdown in two games, is not by design. He says Westbrook has been seeing a lot of double teams: “We don’t want to force-feed anything because that affects the whole offense and the team and those things. We don’t want to force-feed anything, but we are going to try to keep finding ways to get him the football.”
- Heilman notes the Jaguars are financially tied to QB Nick Foles at least through the 2020 season, making a trade unlikely even if sixth-round rookie QB Gardner Minshew impresses.
- Marrone told reporters Ramsey would play in Thursday night’s game, while CB A.J. Bouye (hip) is questionable. (Heilman)
- He added LT Cam Robinson would return while Will Richardson shifts over to back up A.J. Cann at right guard.
- Third-round rookie TE Josh Oliver and LB D.J. Alexander both will miss the game with hamstring injuries.
- The Texans worked out Ps Bryan Anger, Marquette King, and LB Nate Hall on Tuesday. (Howard Balzer)
- Of this group, the Texans signed Anger to a contract on Tuesday.
Titans RB Derrick Henry came into his own down the stretch last year as Tennessee’s workhorse back, sparked by a 99-yard touchdown run against the Jaguars on Thursday Night Football. Ahead of the team’s 2019 rematch on Thursday, Henry says he’s sick of seeing that run.
“I’m sure (the Jaguars) are, because I am tired of seeing it — so I know for sure they are,” Henry said via Jim Wyatt of the team’s official website. “It’s over with, man. It was a great moment, and I appreciate it. I cherish it. But it’s time to move on now. I’m sure (their coaches) show it to them every day, because it’s all people talk about. I am sure they are going to be locked in and ready to go.”
- Jim Wyatt of the team’s official site believes Titans QB Marcus Mariota must take more chances with passes downfield given they only attempted one deep pass to A.J. Brown in Week 1 and none against the Colts in Week 2.
- Wyatt doubts the Jaguars would consider trading Jalen Ramsey to the Titans, considering they are in the same division.