- Per ESPN’s Ed Werder, Broncos GM John Elway says despite some reports linking them to a trade up, they think they’ll end up sitting tight at No. 15: “We feel comfortable at 15 that we’re going to get a good football player so, instead of reaching for one, most likely we stay put. But never say never.”
- Yahoo Sports’ Charles Robinson says the Chargers do have a fallback option at offensive tackle if the quarterback they want is off the board.
- Robinson believes Oregon QB Justin Herbert is Los Angeles’ preference, but that’s factoring in the medicals for Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa.
- According to Lindsay Thiry, the Chargers are expected to take a QB with the No. 6 pick tonight.
- CBS Sports’ Jonathan Jones says that while Chargers GM Tom Telesco is hard to predict because of how close he plays things to the vest, Louisville OT Mekhi Becton could be an option for Los Angeles.
- Jeremy Fowler reports that the Chargers have talked to at least one team in the top five.
- Gil Brandt calls Chiefs DT Chris Jones as a “sleeper” trade candidate to keep an eye on during the 2020 NFL Draft.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer mentions the Chiefs have considered trading up for a skill-position player, potentially someone like Alabama’s Henry Ruggs III or TCU’s Jalen Reagor.
- Breer says Kansas City has also looked at dropping back into the mid-second round and could consider taking Georgia RB D’Andre Swift as high as the first round.
- Per Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline, a source says if Raiders HC Jon Gruden “gets his way,” the Raiders will take speedy Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III at No. 12.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer mentions the Raiders would also like to trade down with one of their first-round picks and pick up a second-round selection.
- Regarding a potential quarterback selection, Breer says he wouldn’t be surprised to see the Raiders pluck Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa if he starts to slip or use a second-day pick on Georgia QB Jake Fromm.
- The Athletic’s Vic Tafur also reports the Raiders are “kicking the tires” on trading for Jaguars franchise DE Yannick Ngakoue, but no deal is close at this time.
- Tafur doesn’t believe talks have gotten to the point where they’re going back and forth on compensation yet. Ngakoue would have to sign his franchise tender for him to be traded, but Tafur says the Raiders could free cap space quickly if need be.
- A Raiders source tells Josina Anderson that Las Vegas really likes Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb. However, Lamb tells Anderson that it’s hard to gauge the Raiders’ interest in him: “Coach Gruden and Mayock were as serious as possible. I mean Gruden is a jokester, that’s my dog…but he definitely was (playing poker face very well).”
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!