“Make no mistake about it, that’s where all the consternation was about this move, that first round pick,” Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. “On the other hand, we really thought that if we had the opportunity that it’s likely that receiver, if an outstanding receiver were there, that would be the pick. His youth had everything to do with it. And then the caliber of player that he was.
“We knew we had the opportunity here to get a player that frankly is proven, and have real youth involved so we can look at it long-term. We wouldn’t give that first-round pick up if it wasn’t for the long-term. And the other thing we can do is step in here and have immediate value for him for this year.”
- Eagles LT Jason Peters confirmed that he’s playing with a torn bicep and said that his quad injury may have been due to him compensating for the ACL knee surgery he had. Peters added that he expects his play to pick up. (Jeff McLane)
- The Philadelphia Eagles announced that LB Nathan Gerry (ankle, knee), RB Darren Sproles (hamstring), CB Sidney Jones (hamstring), and S Corey Graham (hamstring) are all out for Week 8’s game and DT Haloti Ngata (calf) is listed as questionable.
- When asked if he regretted signing a long-term deal with the Giants, Odell Beckham Jr replied: “No. I just wish we had a better record than we have.” (New York Daily News)
- Jordan Raanan takes a look at some Giants’ players who should see increased playing time moving forward including NT Dalvin Tomlinson, DL Kerry Wynn, DL Josh Mauro, DL Mario Edwards, QB Kyle Lauletta, WR Corey Coleman, CB Grant Haley, DB Sean Chandley, KR Quadree Henderson, and LB Tae Davis.
- The New York Giants officially ruled out LB Alec Ogletree (hamstring) and WR Jawill Davis (concussion) for Sunday’s game.
- The Washington Redskins ruled out WR Jamison Crowder (ankle) for Sunday’s game and list CB Quinton Dunbar (shin), WR Paul Richardson Jr. (shoulder/knee), and RB Chris Thompson (rib/knee) as questionable.