- Field Yates reports that the Bears signed CFL CB Tre Roberson to a two-year deal that includes a $75,000 signing bonus, $50,000 Week 1 roster bonus in 2020, and a $25,000 workout bonus each year. Roberson will make base salaries of $550,000 and $610,000.
Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that sources close to Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa have said his family “[doesn’t] love the idea” of the Lions drafting him at No. 3 overall, due to “the arc of that team’s current coaching situation.”
“The Lions will be playing their third season under Matt Patricia in 2020. He has a 9-22-1 record his first two seasons and the Tagovailoas are concerned another poor season could force the Lions to fire Patricia — putting the quarterback in the uncertain 2021 situation of being a draft pick the new coach didn’t make,” Salguero writes.
- Omar Kelly has maintained that the Lions are a threat to draft Tagovailoa, despite having Matthew Stafford in place as their quarterback.
- According to Kelly, Stafford’s relationship with HC Matt Patricia has been an issue. Kelly goes as far to say that Stafford could force his way out of Detroit and the Patriots could be a possibility.
- Kyle Meinke has heard there was some strain between Stafford and Patricia in year one of their relationship, but things improved last year and Stafford loves playing for OC Darrell Bevell.
Rob Demovsky of ESPN points out that the Packers paid out $5.28 million of active roster bonuses in 2019:
- Bryan Bulaga: $700,000 ($43,750 per game active)
- David Bakhtiari: $500,000 ($31,250 per game active)
- Corey Linsley: $500,000 ($31,250 per game active)
- Marcedes Lewis: $500,000 ($31,250 per game active)
- Preston Smith: $500,000 ($31,250 per game active)
- Za’Darius Smith: $500,000 ($31,250 per game active)
- Adrian Amos: $400,000 ($25,000 per game active)
- Tramon Williams: $400,000 ($25,000 per game active)
- Davante Adams: $375,000 ($31,250 per game active, missed four games)
- Jimmy Graham: $300,000 ($18,750 per game active)
- Billy Turner: $300,000 ($18,750 per game active)
- Mason Crosby: $250,000 ($15,625 per game active)
- Lane Taylor: $62,500 ($31,250 per game active, missed 14 games)
The Packers will, however, receive a $562,000 credit for unpaid roster bonuses from this past season.