- Adam Jahns of The Athletic writes that the Bears have a tough decision with OLB Leonard Floyd, who is owed $13.2 million next season under his fifth-year option.
- While Jahns believes the Bears like Floyd, they do not value him at his fifth-year option price, which is set to become fully guaranteed on March 18.
- Jahns could see Chicago signing pass-rushing talent to challenge Floyd going forward.
- Matthew Stafford‘s wife, Kelly Stafford, posted on Instagram that her husband did not ask for a trade from the Lions: “Nor has that ever been a thought. He loves Detroit and the Lions organization… and so do I.”
- Meanwhile, Stafford’s agent, Tom Condone, tells Mike Silver that his client “does not” want out of Detroit.
While Packers GM Brian Gutekunst said they’ll be able to sign some free agents this offseason, he admitted that their current cap situation will make things difficult.
“I think we’ll be able to add some players to our roster that can help us,” Gutekunst said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN. “But we’re certainly not in the position we were in last year with the resources. We’re going to have to do some different things this year.”
Packers HC Matt LaFleur said he is excited for second-year TE Jace Sternberger after missing a majority of last season due to an ankle injury.
“I’m excited for Jace,” LaFleur said. “Certainly, it didn’t start off the greatest. He was injured quite a bit and then was on IR and we brought him back. It was a process, but I thought he started to get a good handle on things toward the end of the season. I thought [tight ends coach] Justin Outten did an incredible job with him, just putting in the extra time needed for him to get up to speed. I thought he was playing some good ball at the end of the season in the limited reps that he got.”
- Demovsky reports that Oklahoma LB Kenneth Murray has a formal interview with the Packers and could be a “viable option” with their No. 30 overall pick.
- Should the Packers pass on re-signing OT Bryan Bulaga, Demovsky writes that Green Bay will not convert LG Elgton Jenkins to right tackle after playing well at guard last season. Instead, the Packers could either move Billy Turner to right tackle or pursue an offensive tackle prospect in the 2020 NFL Draft.
- Aaron Nagler of CheeseheadTV.com, citing two sources at the NFL Combine, reports that the Packers plan to bid on Bears’ impending free-agent LB Nick Kwiatkoski.