49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said he’s “not sure yet” if Jimmy Garoppolo will be ready to return in Week 5 from his high ankle sprain.
“I’m not sure, totally,” Shanahan said, via NBC Bay Area. “I didn’t talk to him today about how it went. We’ll see tomorrow when he comes in.
“I know he’ll have a good workout here Monday and Tuesday, and hopefully he’ll be good to go for Wednesday, but I’m not sure yet.”
- According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Cardinals RB Kenyan Drake had to leave Sunday’s game with a chest injury, but just had the wind knocked out of him and has no lingering issues.
- Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury said of Drake: “I think Kenyon will be okay health-wise. He took that shot late, still working through that, but I believe he’ll be okay. I just think it’s a number of things as we work through some things as an offense.” (Adam Caplan)
- According to NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero, the NFL will review a postgame fight between Rams CB Jalen Ramsey and Giants WR Golden Tate. No suspensions are anticipated but both players could be fined.
- Giants HC Joe Judge says he was told Tate did not throw a punch and was defending himself from Ramsey. (Zack Rosenblatt)
- Per ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, the Seahawks have felt comfortable turning QB Russell Wilson loose because they are incredibly high on the duo of WRs Tyler Lockett and D.K. Metcalf, calling them the best Wilson has ever had.