- A.J. Green (knee) has been ruled out for the preseason opener.
- QB Josh Johnson has a “pretty big lead” on backup QB job. (Cincinnati Enquirer)
- TE Tyler Eifert is Andy Dalton‘s new “favorite target.” (Cincinnati Enquirer )
- WR Andrew Hawkins‘ left ankle injury might keep him off for three months. (Cincinnati Enquirer)
- DB Tashaun Gipson listed as the starting free safety on first unofficial depth chart. (Akron Beacon-Journal)
- Jordan Cameron has been targeted “early and often” in training camp. (Cleveland Plain Dealer)
- TE Gavin Escobar a disappointment in training camp. (ESPN Dallas)
- RE Olivier Vernon has been “dominating” LT Jonathan Martin in training camp practice. (Miami Herald)
- Undrafted WR Russell Shepard is running with the Eagles’ first-team offense. (Reuben Frank)
- TE Tommy Gallarda was released with an injury settlement.
- Blaine Gabbert named starter in Saturday night’s scrimmage. (Florida Times Union)
- Fourth-round WR Ace Sanders one of the “top surprises” early in training camp. (Florida Times Union)
- WR Mohamed Massaquoi has been “a little up but mostly down” in training camp. (Florida Times Union)
- WR Jordan White was released with an injury settlement.
- RB Reggie Bush has been exceeding expectations in training camp. (detroitlions.com)
- LT Riley Reiff has been “impressive throughout” training camp. (MLive.com)
- WR Ryan Broyles looking like his oldself in training camp. (Detroit News)
- RB Eddie Lacy was the “standout” player at Saturday night’s intrasquad scrimmage. (Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel)
- CB Tramon Williams uncertain of his preseason participation. (ESPN.com)
- K Mason Crosby made just 3-of-8 field goal attempts at Saturday’s “Family Night.” (Jason Wilde)
- Patriots to keep TE Rob Gronkowski him on reserve/PUP. (Boston Globe)
- S Tavon Wilson“mostly invisible” during Patriots training camp. (Boston Globe)
- As long as he remains healthy, undrafted TE Zach Sudfeld has a roster spot “locked up”. (Boston Globe)
- WR Kenbrell Thompkins is “clear favorite” to be among the Patriots’ top-five wideouts. (Boston Globe)
- ILB Darryl Sharpton was activaded from the active/PUP list.