- According to Tony Pauline of Draft Insiders, some NFL decision makers view UCLA LB Myles Jack as the best overall prospect in the 2016 NFL Draft.
- Pauline adds that NFL executives believe the top-five picks of the draft will go as follows: Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil, Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey, California QB Jared Goff, UCLA LB Myles Jack, and Ohio State DE Joey Bosa.
- LSU CB Rashard Robinson is drawing interest from teams and could be selected earlier than first anticipated, per Pauline. In fact, the Raiders and Giants believe he could have been the top overall cornerback if he played the past two seasons, which he missed because of a 2014 suspension that he was unable to be reinstated from.
- Pauline writes that TCU QB Trevone Boykin has been working out as a wide receiver in preparation for the NFL combine, but will not perform receiver drills in Indianapolis or during his pro-day.
Mike Mayock provides his top-five quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers of the 2016 NFL Draft.
- Surprisingly, Mayock ranked North Dakota State’s Carson Wentz ahead of, California’s Jared Goff, Memphis’ Paxton Lynch, Michigan State’s Connor Cook, and Mississippi State’s Dak Prescott in his top-five rankings.
- Mayock’s top-five running back rankings are as follows: Ohio State’s Ezekiel Elliott, Alabama’s Derrick Henry, Utah’s Devontae Booker, Louisiana Tech’s Kenneth Dixon, and Indiana’s Jordan Howard.
- Mayock’s top-five wide receiver rankings are as follows: Ole Miss’ Laquon Treadwell, Baylor’s Corey Coleman, Ohio State’s Michael Thomas, TCU’s Josh Doctson, and Notre Dame’s Will Fuller.
- Cardinals are naming Vincent Amey as their new defensive line coach, per Bruce Feldman.
- Amey was most recently the strength and conditioning coach of the University of Arizona and was a defensive end for the Raiders back in 1998.
- According to Tony Pauline, Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey is currently at the top of the Cowboys’ draft board.
- Jason Fitzgerald of Over The Cap anticipates the Cowboys pursuing a cornerback and running back through free agency.
- Pauline reports there is little legitimacy behind 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick potentially making a move to the Jets.
- Pauline has been told the Jets “really like” third year OT Brent Qvale, who could bring flexibility at the position.
- In addition, Pauline says that many believe the team will attempt to renegotiate LT D’Brickashaw Ferguson‘s contract to provide more cap space.