Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that a plot of land next to the Carson project that was expected to be available for purchase is now no longer available.
“A 200-acre plot of land adjacent to the Carson project put forth by the Raiders and Chargers for a possible move is now viewed as no longer available to them, according to sources briefed on their situation. The land — The Links at Victoria Golf Course — would have been used for future long-term development and parking in the potential new stadium. It was one of the plots considered for acquisition in the event NFL owners approve the Carson project at the slated January meeting. But based on a number of factors, including some politics, it’s now viewed as not happening.
“What that means, according to those who have followed it closely, is that the Carson development may not be as large as some imagined.”
Even without this plot of land, Carson project advocate Carmen Policy said that they still have their “core piece of land.”
“We have our core piece of land, we don’t need anything else,” Policy told Rapoport. “We don’t need any additional property. Obviously, if the league gives its approval, we’ll be looking at other developments and expansion ideas in the entire area.”
- Rand Getlin reports that Florida WR Demarcus Robinson is strongly considering entering the 2016 NFL Draft.
- According to Getlin, Pittsburgh WR Tyler Boyd is also considering entering the NFL draft.
- Getlin reports that Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey and his family are looking at possible representation as he considers entering the draft.
- Ian Rapoport spoke to Colts owner Jim Irsay who mentioned that Andrew Luck (kidney and shoulder) should be able to return for a Week 15 matchup against the Dolphins.
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald writes the Dolphins prefer to add at least one defense end during the offseason, and are likely to retain one or two of Cameron Wake, Olivier Vernon, and Derrick Shelby.
- However, the Dolphins reportedly haven’t conveyed their intentions to Vernon or Shelby.
- Quinton Coples, who was claimed off of waivers a few weeks ago, has been told he’s a part of their 2016 plans, according to Jackson.
- Miami prefers to keep veteran CB Brent Grimes, but there’s still a chance he could be asked to accept a paycut next year.
- Jackson mentions that it would not be surprising to see the Dolphins move on from LB Koa Misi. If they do, Jackson lists Bruce Irvin, Chad Greenway, Nigel Bradham, and Vincent Ray as potential free agent targets.
- According to Jackson, the Dolphins are expected to re-sign RB Lamar Miller.
- Jackson can’t see TE Jordan Cameron returning to the Dolphins with a $9.5 million cap figure.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Packers were planning to sign RB Alonzo Harris to the practice squad after cutting him this week, but won’t now that they’re concerned about his influence on RB Eddie Lacy.
- According to Rapoport, the Packers have concerns about Lacy, and believe he needs better attention and commitment.