Dolphins HC Adam Gase said he is unsure if recently acquired LB Rey Maualuga is in physical condition to start the regular season.
“Just keep working on getting in shape and getting his body ready and start getting him out at practice and seeing where he’s at,” said Gase, via Jason Lieser of the Palm Beach Post. “Just trying to figure out will he be ready for the first game, or do we have to wait another week after that? We won’t know until we get going in practice.”
- Jets OL coach Steve Marshall said all five starting roles on their offensive line are up for grabs. (Zach Braziller)
- Jets HC Todd Bowles said the team won’t determine their regular season starters until after Week 4 of the preseason: “We’ll see what happens Saturday before I make those decisions.”
- Braziller writes that Kelvin Beachum and Ben Ijalana are competing at left tackle, Jonotthan Harrison and Wesley Johnson at center, and Brandon Shell and Brent Qvale for the right tackle role.
- Cameron Wolfe of ESPN views the Titans’ power running game as their biggest strength, given that they have RBs DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry in addition to one of the best offensive lines in the league.
- Jim Wyatt of the Titans’ official site would not be surprised to see first-round WR Corey Davis (hamstring) not play at all this preseason since coaches do not want to pressure him into playing.
- When healthy, Wyatt expects Davis, Rishard Matthews, and Eric Decker to be the team’s top-three receivers with third-round WR Taywan Taylor likely “to be a factor.” Wyatt adds that WR Tajae Sharpe could have a role.
- Wyatt mentions that WRs Harry Douglas, Tre McBride, and Eric Weems could be competing for a final spot on the active roster.