- Albert Breer reports that a number of NFL teams have been “blown away” with FSU QB Jameis Winston’s football IQ in the interview room.
- West Virginia WR Kevin White ran forty-yard times of 4.35 and 4.36 at the Combine and may have solidified his status as a top-10 pick.
- Alabama S Landon Collins said that the Redskins have shown interest in him. (Dianna Marie Russini)
Buccaneers HC Lovie Smith discussed some of their plans for the offseason with reporters earlier this week.
“We’re building our team through the draft,” Smith said, via Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times. “But you still have to use free agency when you feel the need. We felt the need coming in and didn’t know our roster well. We know our roster a lot better now.“
Smith added that he’s hoping they can make “some better decisions” in free agency this year.
“Again, we’d like to build it through the draft, but I think you use every avenue possible to improve your squad,” Smith said. “Free agency is coming up. It’s not like we’re out of the free agency business. Hopefully, we can make some better decisions. Just because something didn’t turn out, we’re not going to stop playing football. We’re going to get back up on it and start doing things better. We’re going to do a better job in free agency and everything else this year.”
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said that they will continue to be a run-oriented team with or without DeMarco Murray next year. However, Jones added that they want Murray back. (Clarence Hill)
- Jones said that they have a number range for Murray, but would consider going beyond that range in order to keep him in Dallas. (Clarence Hill)
- Jones didn’t rule out the possibility of drafting another offensive lineman in the first-round of the 2015 draft. (Clarence Hill)
- As for the defensive side of the ball, Jones acknowledged they could spend multiple early picks on that side of the ball. (Clarence Hill)
- Washington CB Marcus Peters has a meeting scheduled with the Ravens. (Aaron Wilson)
- Wake Forest CB Kevin Johnson has a formal meeting scheduled with the Ravens. (Aaron Wilson)
- Florida State CB P.J. Williams says he had an informal meeting with the Ravens. (Aaron Wilson)