- Aaron Wilson reports that Utah CB Brian Allen had private workouts for the Lions, Cowboys, Saints, and Titans and also took part in the Texans’ local pro day.
- Colorado CB Ahkello Witherspoon tells Sirius XM NFL Radio that he visited with the Seahawks, Saints, Colts, Eagles and 49ers during the pre-draft process.
Chiefs GM John Dorsey explained that they’ve been doing their due diligence in regards to possible trades in the upcoming draft.
“We’re always going to do our due diligence,” Dorsey said, via Chiefs.com. “We have to do that, and I think that’s what good clubs do. You have to see every option available before you make that pick, either going up, going back, or staying put.
“We exercise all the way up to No. 1, all the way down to No. 32, and just see different scenarios of what it takes to move back, or move up.”
Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald has been able to confirm that the Dolphins hosted 19 prospects for pre-draft visits this year including:
- Connecticut S Obi Melifonwu
- Texas A&M S Justin Evans
- NC State S Josh Jones
- UCF S Shaquill Griffin
- BYU S Kai Nacua
- UF S Marcus Maye
- UF CB Jalen Tabor
- Clemson CB Cordrea Tankersley
- Utah G Isaac Asiata
- Western Michigan G Taylor Moton
- UF LB Jarrad Davis
- Houston LB Tyus Bowser
- Southern Illinois LB Chase Allen
- Mississippi State LB Johnathan Calvin
- Missouri State LB Dylan Cole
- Illinois LB Carroll Phillips
- Michigan DE Taco Charlton
- Arkansas DE Dietrich Wise Jr.
- Oklahoma DT Charles Walker
- Vaughn McClure of ESPN writes that Temple LB Haason Reddick could be worth trading up for in round one of this year’s draft for the Falcons.
- Atlanta put Reddick through a private workout and he offers both good speed and size for his position.
- It would likely require the Falcons to move up into the 20s to get Reddick, but they’ve made similar moves up the board such as their trade with the Rams in which they moved up from No. 30 overall for CB Desmond Trufant. It cost them a third- and sixth-round pick on top of their No. 30 selection, but they did come away with an impact player.
- McClure reports that LSU LB Duke Riley visited the Falcons during the pre-draft process and also had a private workout for them.