- Per the Athletic’s Joe Buscaglia, Bills HC Sean McDermott says OT Ty Nsekhe is week-to-week with an ankle injury.
- The Athletic’s Sheil Kapadia lists Bills DT Jordan Phillips as one of his top-50 potentially available free agents in 2020.
- Per the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson, Dolphins HC Brian Flores said QB Ryan Fitzpatrick would start this week against the Browns, but he left the door open to QB Josh Rosen starting again at some point later this season.
- Flores hedged on if Dolphins S Reshad Jones, who landed on injured reserve Wednesday, would be back with the team in 2020: “This is a guy who showed he can still play in this league. We’ll see how that goes.” (Adam Beasley)
- Dolphins placed S Reshad Jones and S Bobby McCain on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Dolphins placed WR Gary Jennings on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Dolphins promoted DT Gerald Willis to their active roster.
- Dolphins signed S Adrian Colbert off of the Seahawks’ practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Dolphins activated LB Andrew Van Ginkel from injured reserve.
- Dolphins signed WR Andy Jones to their practice squad.
Jets WR Quincy Enunwa was told by doctors he has about a 50/50 chance of playing in the NFL again after injuring his neck in New York’s season-opener. It was the second time Enunwa hurt his neck after needing surgery in 2017 to repair a bulging disc in his neck. The 27-year-old receiver avoided surgery this time and he’s optimistic he’ll be able to return to the field next year.
“I’m just working my way back,” Enunwa said via Brian Costello of the New York Post. “I plan to do whatever my body allows me to do. For me, it’s about going back out there and doing what I can to get back [on the field].”
- Jets signed OL Ryan Crozier to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Per NESN’s Doug Kyed, Patriots HC Bill Belichick didn’t want any part of answering a question about WR Antonio Brown‘s apology on social media to team owner Robert Kraft: “You’d have to talk to Robert about that. Every week you guys ask me about a player who’s not on our team, and every week it’s going to be the same answer.”
- The Athletic’s Sheil Kapadia lists Patriots QB Tom Brady and G Joe Thuney on his top-50 potentially available free agents in 2020.
- Patriots signed WR Quincy Adeboyejo to their practice squad.