Colts WR T.Y. Hilton believes that this year’s team is the best “I’ve ever been a part of” despite losing QB Andrew Luck.
“This is the best team I’ve ever been a part of,” Stephen Holder of The Athletic. “We take nothing away from him. But this team is good.”
- According to Joel A. Erickson and Nat Newell of the Indianapolis Star, Colts owner Jim Irsay was recently offered $3.2 billion from an unnamed bidder to buy the franchise.
- However, a Colts’ spokesperson said that the organization is not for sale.
- Colts OL Jackson Barton will make $20,000 per week on the practice squad. The minimum is $8,000. (Tom Pelissero)
- According to Over the Cap’s Hardik Sanghavi, Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey is the best option to help reset the cornerback market when he receives his next deal.
- Currently, the NFL’s highest-paid cornerback has hovered around the $15 million per year the Redskins signed Josh Norman for in free agency in 2016. Miami signed CB Xavien Howard to an extension just over that mark this offseason, but gave Howard less guaranteed money than Norman.
- Based on the 10 percent of the total salary cap Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson received when he signed his extension, Sanghavi expects Ramsey to receive a deal worth around $19 million per year if the Jaguars get it done early, with the potential for it to exceed $20 million per year if negotiations drag out.
- The Jaguars could use G Will Richardson as their backup tackle if Cedric Ogbuehi can’t play. (Phillip Heilman)
- Jacksonville isn’t concerned about QB Nick Foles‘ oblique injury and he should be able to practice Thursday. (John Oehser)
Titans QB Marcus Mariota said he is excited for the start of the season after dealing with a stinger in his neck last year.
“It’s a special feeling,” Mariota said, via Wyatt. “No matter what, I think it is (something you) never take for granted. Every opportunity you have to come out on the field is a blessing and it’s a privilege. I am looking forward to it. It is going to be a lot of fun, and the atmosphere is going to be great. It is just fun to go out and play ball again.”
Mariota added that he feels “healthier and ready to go” and hopes to remain healthy for the Titans’ entire 16 game schedule.
“I have been dinged, I have been banged up, and I understand that,” Mariota said. “I just have to do my job to be available for this team and hopefully throughout the year that will happen.”
- According to Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline, the Texans had OL Tytus Howard graded higher on their board than Eagles OT Andre Dillard and might have taken Howard even if both had been on the board at their pick.
- The Eagles traded up to select Dillard one pick before the Texans.
- Per NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero, Texans QB Alex McGough will make $20,000 per week on the practice squad. The minimum is $8,000.