- Per KUSA’s Mike Klis, Broncos HC Vic Fangio said CB Bryce Callahan, who practiced for the first time this year on Tuesday, didn’t move around well and might not practice again Wednesday.
- Fangio added Denver will likely get back WR Tim Patrick this week. (Klis)
- Broncos second-round rookie QB Drew Lock is set to return to practice and believes he’ll knock the rust off quickly: “As far as physically goes, it will probably take me a practice or two to get the rust off a little bit because I can throw to bags and step over bags, but it’s a little different when you have guys flying around you. Give me a day or two and I’ll feel it out there.” (Ryan O’Halloran)
- The Broncos are expected to be in attendance at Colin Kaepernick‘s workout. (Klis)
- According to ESPN’s Josina Anderson, a Chargers source said the team might have a scout at free-agent QB Colin Kaepernick‘s workout, but added Los Angeles is “good with that position. 2 years ago, different story.”
When Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes signs his first contract extension, it’s widely expected to shatter all record for NFL contracts based on Mahomes’ incendiary start to his career. Mahomes is eligible for a new deal starting this offseason and the Chiefs say they’ll wait until then to discuss it.
“We’re certainly excited about the opportunity to extend Patrick’s stay with the Chiefs and hope that lasts his entire career,” Chiefs owner Clark Hunt said via ESPN’s Adam Teicher. “It’s probably a little premature to be talking about a new contract. Everyone knows the first opportunity we’ll have to re-sign him will come at the end of the season. That’s a decision we’ll have to make with his representatives whether this is the right time or perhaps a year from now.”
- Hunt added the Chiefs have discussed a contract extension with DT Chris Jones who’s in the last year of his deal: “He’s obviously a fantastic player, a great guy in the locker room and we’re glad to have him part of the Chiefs.” (Teicher)
- The Chiefs hosted free-agent LB Eric Lee for a visit. (Aaron Wilson)