- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, the players on the Cowboys who tested positive for COVID-19 are doing fine. He adds the team has not confirmed the reports because of privacy issues but did not deny them either.
- Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott is one of the players who tested positive, but Rapoport says QB Dak Prescott, who was seen working out with Elliott recently, is fine.
- NJ.com’s Zack Rosenblatt notes that neither CB Deandre Baker nor C Spencer Pulley can be considered locks to make the final roster.
- Baker could be on shaky ground depending on how his legal situation plays out and the Giants could save $2.75 million by releasing Pulley if C Jon Halapio is able to return healthy.
- Rosenblatt lists some other players on the bubble for the Giants, including CB Corey Ballentine, WR Corey Coleman, QB Cooper Rush, DB Chris Williamson, RB Wayne Gallman, LB Tae Crowder, CB Grant Haley, S Sean Chandler, S Dravon Askew-Henry, RB Javon Leake, WR David Sills, CB Montre Hartage and QB Alex Tanney.
- The Athletic’s Ben Standig believes the Redskins should capitalize on interest to trade LB Ryan Anderson, who would appear to be a better fit in a 3-4 defense than the 4-3 Washington is transitioning to.
- While Anderson could conceivably play strongside linebacker, Standig notes he’s not as good in coverage as some of Washington’s other linebackers. As a pass rusher, he’d be behind Chase Young, Montez Sweat and Ryan Kerrigan in the pecking order.
- Standig writes that while it might be challenging for Redskins fifth-round C Keith Ismael to challenge for a starting job as a rookie, he should be in good position to take over for C Chase Roullier if he leaves after his rookie contract expires this year.
- NBC Sports’ JP Finlay believes the starting left tackle job is Redskins OT Saahdiq Charles‘ to win, but if he’s not ready then Washington will be fine rolling with OT Cornelius Lucas.
- As for former third-round OT Geron Christian, Finlay says he’s reportedly gotten stronger this offseason but he also hasn’t shown anything in his first two seasons that would indicate the team is counting on him to play a prominent role.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!