- The 49ers still don’t know the severity TE Vernon Davis left hamstring strain. (CSN Bay Area)
- 49ers placed NT Ian Williams on season-ending injured reserve with a broken ankle.
- 49ers signed FB Owen Marecic to a one-year contract.
- 49ers released DE Will Tukuafu with an injury settlement.
- 49ers tried out former Patriots DT Kyle Love. (Aaron Wilson)
- Bears tried out S Amari Spievey. (Howard Balzer)
- Browns waived WR Tori Gurley and released WR Arceto Clark from their practice squad.
- Cardinals sign WRs Dan Buckner and Brittan Golden to practice squad and released WR Sam McGuffie from practice squad.
- ILB Manti Te’o is expected to practice for the first time in weeks on Wednesday. (Union-Tribune San Diego)
- WR Malcom Floyd will wear a cervical collar for at least a week. (ESPN.com)
- TE Anthony Fasano was unable to practice on Tuesday.
- Colts placed OL Donald Thomas on injured reserve and release FB Dan Moore from injured reserve.
- G Brian Waters will start in Week 3 against the Rams. (San Antonio Express-News)
- Cowboys signed DL David Carter and released DT Landon Cohen.
- Cowboys released WR Danny Coale from the practice squad.
- Cowboys brought in CB Ryan Steed, CB Junior Mertile, CB Peyton Thompson and WR Dwight Jones for workouts.
- Dolphins re-signed DT Isaako Aaitui.
- Dolphins released CB Devin Smith.
- RB Steven Jackson could be out 2-4 weeks. (NFLTR)
- Falcons placed LB Sean Weatherspoon on injured reserve with the designation to return.
- Falcons signed LBs Jamar Chaney and Omar Gaither.
- Falcons sign LB Chase Thomas to practice squad
- Falcons sign FB Patrick DiMarco to the active roster.
- Falcons tried out former Bengals LB Thomas Howard. (Aaron Wilson)
- Free agent S Kerry Rhodes worked out for the Giants on Tuesday. (NFLTR)
- Giants also worked out LB Leroy Hill and LB Jonathan Goff.
- The Jaguars are “optimistic” that RB Maurice Jones-Drew will play in Week 3. (NFLTR)
- HC Gus Bradley mentioned that Justin Forsett and Jordan Todman will split the workload if Maurice Jones-Drew is unable to play. (ESPN.com)
- TE Marcedes Lewis could make his debut against the Seahawks this weekend. (ESPN.com)
- WR Mike Brown is unlikely to play in Week 3. (ESPN.com)
- Jaguars re-signed G Jacques McClendon.
- Jaguars signed DE Chris McCoy to their practice squad.
- RB Eddie Lacy‘s “most likely scenario” is to return from his concussion in Week 5. (Green Bay Press-Gazette)
- Panthers placed S Charles Godfrey on season-ending injured reserve with a torn Achilles’ tendon. (NFLTR)
- Raiders tried out LBs Tavares Gooden and Justin Cole. (Aaron Wilson)
- HC John Harbaugh told reporters that they’re prepared to move forward with Bernard Pierce if Ray Rice is unable to play in Week 3. (ESPN.com)
- WR Jacoby Jones is still sporting a knee brace. (Baltimore Sun)
- HC Mike Shanahan mentioned that the score has prevented them from running zone-read plays. (ESPN.com)
- Saints re-signed CB Chris Carr.
- Saints re-signed WR Andy Tanner to the practice squad and released FB Austin Johnson.
- Rookie RB Le’Veon Bell is expected to “ramp up his activity this week.” (Ed Bouchette)
- TE Heath Miller is expected to put in full week of practice. (Ed Bouchette)
- HC Mike Tomlin told reporters that they will get rookie WR Markus Wheaton more involved in their offense. (ESPN.com)
- Steelers signed CB Isaiah Green to their active roster and released K Shayne Graham.
- Texans signed TE Nathan Overbay to practice squad and waived FB Zach Boren. (John McClain)
- Texans tried out TE Cameron Morrah. (Aaron Wilson)
- WR Kenny Britt tweeted that it’s lootsking like this will be his final season with the Titans. (NFLTR)
- The Titans reportedly benched WR Kenny Britt because “coaches were tired of his mistakes and his lackadaisical approach to blocking.” (Nashville Tennessean)
- Titans worked out free agent DL Marcus Dixon, Antonio Dixon and Frank Okam Tuesday. (Jim Wyatt)