The Athletic’s Paul Dehner Jr. has 12 spots up for grabs in his latest 53-man roster prediction, with 12 players on the right side of the bubble and 12 on the wrong side.
- Dehner says his last two in were DE Jordan Willis and LB DeShaun Davis, while the last two out were DE Andrew Brown and WR Stanley Morgan.
- According to Dehner, there was trade interest in TE Mason Schreck last year and teams could also be interested in Willis or WR Josh Malone.
- In: WR Damion Willis, WR Cody Core, TE Cethan Carter, OT Andre Smith, G John Jerry, DE Jordan Willis, DT Renell Wren, LB Hardy Nickerson, LB DeShaun Davis, CB Tony McRae, CB Darius Phillips and S Trayvon Henderson.
- Out: QB Jeff Driskel, WR Stanley Morgan, WR Josh Malone, TE Mason Schreck, OL Christian Westerman, OL Alex Redmond, DE Andrew Brown, DT Josh Tupou, LB Malik Jefferson, CB Jordan Brown, CB Davontae Harris and S Brandon Wilson.
- Bengals OT Cordy Glenn did not practice with a concussion and is out for Week 3 of the preseason. (Ben Baby)
- Bengals OL coach Jim Turner said the team is trying out 2018 first-round C Billy Price at guard. (Jay Morrison)
- Turner says the team is looking for the best five players to start and their only deadline is “10 seconds before kickoff in Seattle (Week 1).”
- According to Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon-Journal, Browns G Eric Kush opened with the first team at right guard before giving way later in practice to OT Kendall Lamm.
- Browns HC Freddie Kitchens says the team is still evaluating kickers Greg Joseph and Austin Seibert, both who have struggled at times, but the team isn’t looking to pull the plug on either yet: “We’re not looking to replace them right now.” (Scott Petrak)
- Seibert, a rookie drafted in the fifth round, has been particularly shaky after being drafted to compete with the veteran Joseph, and Kitchens has noticed he tends to let his misses linger: “He’s gotta get it figured out. If I make him nervous….I’m going to be at the games” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Browns S Jermaine Whitehead did not practice Monday with a groin injury. (Ulrich)
- The Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec says DL Zach Sieler and Gerald Willis have likely moved to the wrong side of the roster bubble following their limited appearances in the Week 2 preseason game.
- Ravens CB Tavon Young is still deciding if he will have surgery on a disc issue in his neck, which would sideline him for the entire season. If not, Young could be a candidate for a return from injured reserve.
- Zrebiec notes the Ravens will be paying attention to the Eagles backup offensive linemen to try and shore up their left guard spot, including G Stefen Wisniewski in particular.
- Ravens first-round WR Marquise Brown saw his first action against a different NFL team in joint practices with the Eagles Monday and did solid according to HC John Harbaugh: “I saw I guy that was practicing for the first time. We’ll see it on tape. He just needs to get accustomed to the … speed of it, the thinking, the lining up.” (Aaron Kasinitz)